Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Florence

NCSNOW

1 hour ago, yotaman said:

I bought one off of Amazon and expect it Wednesday.

Anyone buying a generator or who has one should seriously look into the motor snorkel.  It pays for itself not having to buy a tri fuel gen and works great.  I have zero affiliation with them, just my own experience using it on our generator.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, northwestgastormdawg said:

024408_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This looks like a worst case scenario for Greenville, NC and Wilmington, NC. They are the two most populated cities in Eastern NC and filled with college students from all over that may not be familiar with how dangerous Hurricanes can be. 

I seriously hope something changes in these next few days. This could turn out to be really bad considering most of the college kids in Greenville live in areas that are very prone to flooding. 

1 hour ago, WeatherNC said:

I am likely in the market for a generator tomorrow too.  Point of clarification on the above post and based on local media, Carteret is just maditory on the barrier islands starting in the AM.  Tomorrow is the action day for the coast, Wednesday would be for prone interior.  Indland counties will likely put out voluntaries as Beaufort is already doing

I just secured a hotel room in Beaufort, for Wednesday pm until Friday at noon, so I'm hoping they don't close it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downeastnc said:

Plenty of canes have stalled on or just off the coast.....usually though the models wouldn't be this clustered. The 00Z guidance is scary tight and the timing is getting well inside 72 hrs so just how much movement can there be in this range.....ultimately though if this thing stalls and loops offshore and misses altogether will anyone be that shocked......there just isn't much support for that at this time that all might change here in a few hrs with the 00Z's.

@Downeastnc remember this? 

Diana.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Ok, that explains it.

It is a hard call and really is a no win situation. It is looking more and more like SC will be spared the worse, but based on the forecasts and possibility of a SC landfall you kinda have to male the call, and make it far enough ahead of time for people to plan and act. If it indeed keeps trending NE and farther away, there will be LOTS of frustrated people complaining about "having to evacuate for no reason", and "the forecasters are never right", etc, but of course the same people would be yelling the loudest if it actually hit and there had been no prep. Those people think weather is actually predictable and that forecasters should truly KNOW what it's going to do. He probably could have waited another 24 hours, but is obviously trying to err on the side of caution.

23 minutes ago, SENC said:

@Downeastnc remember this? 

Diana.jpg

Of course my first real hurricane Diana popped my tropical cherry.....I was 12 and she was the first real threat i remember.....

It appears our two eastern outliers the GFS and ICON have shifted west a bit.....ICON also no biting on the stall and west drift all the others have maybe that is a real trend \...its a ****ty one though lol 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Of course my first real hurricane Diana popped my tropical cherry.....I was 12 and she was the first real threat i remember.....

It appears our two eastern outliers the GFS and ICON have shifted west a bit.....ICON also no biting on the stall and west drift all the others have maybe that is a real trend \...its a ****ty one though lol 

best I could find ATM..

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/10.1175/1520-0493(2001)129<1859%3ANSOTGO>2.0.CO%3B2

Looking for the  atmospheric maps I'm coming up empty ATM..

Edit too add  ALOT of Folks have even forgetting this one..