• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Florence

TalcottWx

getting ready to head back north knowing that whenever I’m able to get back here my place will be uninhabitable or perhaps gone, this whole place will look totally different, I really feel for the people who have no place to go, it’s ominous knowing that there’s just about guaranteed devastation three days away, it’s surreal, today is an absolutely beautiful day 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

00z EPS was more or less right on the SC/NC border for mean track, with the 12z CMC and GEFS at the NC/VA border after a bit of a loop.

I haven't seen a mean track yet for the 12z EPS, but based on the spaghetti it looks like it won't have moved far from the SC border.

Kinda have a feeling this chews a bit further north into the high as we saw when it was originally a major. 

57 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Kinda have a feeling this chews a bit further north into the high as we saw when it was originally a major. 

Jay, to me what current guidance is showing matches climo likeliest.  So it would be hard to go against that given how the US coast is laid out and current progs.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

how long has it been since New England was truly inline for something this notorious ? 

I guess we had a couple of winter storms... 2015 ...but it just isn't the same.

Seems we reside in a charmed protection around here - nice..

I still think October 2011 snowstorm was the real impacting event...the volume of long term power outages was pretty incredible.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Does the disturbance near the Keys influence a more North or South track? 

The ensemble sensitivity is pointing towards influence on Florence being "local." Local on the north side though. It's the ridge building over the top that really forces the northern/eastern or southern/western solutions.

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

how long has it been since New England was truly inline for something this notorious ? 

I guess we had a couple of winter storms... 2015 ...but it just isn't the same.

Seems we reside in a charmed protection around here - nice..

The 18Z GFS was interesting since it has Flo looping around in the Carolinas long enough for the trough coming down from Canada yanking it NE through us as a 985mb low, around day 8.  Any chance of that happening?

• Like 1