• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Hurricane Florence

TalcottWx

Rapid intensification to a Cat 4.  Stronger storms more poleward.  Since this has intensified quicker than models a more northward path.  I'm favoring the GFS.  12Z keeps Florance stall offshore.  So at this point, the greatest threat would be extreme NC.  Intense hurricanes have the extreme winds in the eyewall.  If that remains just offshore damage will be much less.  Will be interesting to see if the 12Z Euro starts caving towards a more NE solution or continues to hold ground.  

2 minutes ago, nutmegfriar said:

GFS is curious but brutal for the Carolina shore.

That is my thought too. The people further inland would probably prefer that the GFS solution plays out.To say the least it's going to be fascinating to watch. I know it is very unlikely but it would be great if Florence spared NC/SC/VA and then meandered OTS

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah you can toss the gfs . Classic bias of breaking ridge down . Worst natural disaster in NC/ VA in history oncoming 

I couldn’t agree more. This is going to be a real heartbreaker lost everything kind of storm. Those piedmont Rivers are going to have 1000 year floods. This is going to be allot more then some rich guys second home on the OBX falling into the ocean 

1 hour ago, sbos_wx said:

I just googled a map of North Carolina because I have no knowledge of its' geography (lol)

I guess I'd favor it going north of Morehead City, more so Hatteras itself. 

Ha. Yes, we say south of Morehead even. Bet ya a round of beer at a gtg I may eventually go to within the next 10 years. 

That being said, the late GFS loop is a pretty garbage solution.

The GFS may have led the way with a steady westward track, but the stall is going to give it problems because it doesn't coupled ocean and air. Stalled TC over unmixed waters = poor forecast intensity, which will lead to poor forecast track.