• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Florence Catch all Thread

Brian5671

As I hamVe said many times I am still pretty new to this and I am a novice but one thing I do know is that with 6 days to go the probabilities have increased but NOTHING is written in stone yet. I think everyone should take notice regardless of where you live on the coast but to  hug each model run is foolish with the storm still pretty far away. If I was a betting man I would say the models will look different by Monday Tuesday , Im not by any means saying its a miss but at this point no one , not even a computer model has the certainty down. Keep up the posts and pics guys this is all very informative 

From the NHC's 11:00 AST discussion:

The risk of other direct impacts associated with Florence along
the U.S. East Coast next week has increased.  However, there is
still very large uncertainty in model forecasts of Florence's track
beyond day 5, making it too soon to determine the exact location,
magnitude, and timing of these impacts.  Interests near and along
the U.S. East Coast should monitor the progress of Florence through
the weekend and ensure they have their hurricane plans in place.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Ukie might have won this. It always has been south the whole time.

Alot of people thouht this was going to hit the area.

I lost alot of sleep tracking this lol

Ant you do realize its still 6-7 days away..... hurricanes have greater than a 300 miles error at that point in time.  Definitely wouldn't let guard down.  However, at this time a NC landfall is looking more and more likely. 

• Like 2

If the Euro and DT's thoughts are correct we would probably see minimal remnant impacts from Florence, maybe an inch or two of rain at best. Obviously still a bit of a ways out yet and alot can change over the next couple of days so we will have to see how things play out. But if we experience the heavy rain expected Sunday/Monday even and 1-2" that the remnants of Florence could produce for our area could cause some issues. He also noted in his video that with the strong WAR in place if anyone thinks Florence is coming to New England, NJ, NYC its not happening.

13 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

If the Euro and DT's thoughts are correct we would probably see minimal remnant impacts from Florence, maybe an inch or two of rain at best. Obviously still a bit of a ways out yet and alot can change over the next couple of days so we will have to see how things play out. But if we experience the heavy rain expected Sunday/Monday even and 1-2" that the remnants of Florence could produce for our area could cause some issues. He also noted in his video that with the strong WAR in place if anyone thinks Florence is coming to New England, NJ, NYC its not happening.

Well if his verification record is anything like his winter forecast I am going to start preparing now......

• Haha 2

Someone may have to write an encomium for the entire EC.   Cat3 menaces coastline for a week w/o coming on shore!!!???

Hours 120 to 300.

THERE WAS A BEACH NAMED CONEY....          WHERE THE PEOPLE AND BARKERS WERE CALLED PHONEY....... 

T'WAS THERE A GIRL NAMED FLORENCE WAS JILTED .....                                                   SO THE ENTIRE EAST COAST SHE TILTED.

Lol.

• Haha 1