Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1,000,000th Sub-forum post imminent

klw

2 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Actually to be fair...we used to have Stratus Love, Amy B, and Turtle...I sure do miss them...

So I guess back in the day, we actually did have more women...

I was just being a smartass and joining in the "reminiscing"

StratusLove bailed after she scored Will lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I doubt they outdrank me....not in those days :LOL:
Today, I'd be sipping Odouls....retired.

I was pretty bad in those days too. Prob a borderline HOFer. The conferences were always a good time though just being able to chat it up and learn more as well.

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I doubt they outdrank me....not in those days :LOL:
Today, I'd be sipping Odouls....retired.

Oh Amy drank as much if not more than you, who looks better. Lol she matched us shot for shot. Ah don’t miss drinking at all but do miss these good peeps I am proud to call friends.

422AB7D1-AAFA-4E53-942D-D21FA3155AE3.jpeg

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was pretty bad in those days too. Prob a borderline HOFer. The conferences were always a good time though just being able to chat it up and learn more as well.

You guys and your Miller Lites though lol. Cases and cases of beer in the bathtubs, me digging through hundreds of Miller Lites and ice cubes to find my Guinness 

35 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh Amy drank as much if not more than you, who looks better. Lol she matched us shot for shot. Ah don’t miss drinking at all but do miss these good peeps I am proud to call friends.

422AB7D1-AAFA-4E53-942D-D21FA3155AE3.jpeg

LOL Never seen that one...I not my most shining moment. Must have had a ton...I used to start in the AM at those things.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Like Harold Baines, a compiler with good seasons but never truly sensational. Maybe you’ll make it on the old timers ballot someday. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh God. Of all people 

OH GOD, at least it wasn't your 25,000th TORCH post...or your 10,000th post regarding window AC units.....or your 20,000th post using "high dews" in a sentence....or your annual posts regarding a redux of 1816.....or even worse one of your childish meltdowns due to the  the weather. Hasn't jr high school started yet in Toolland???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

OH GOD, at least it wasn't your 25,000th TORCH post...or your 10,000th post regarding window AC units.....or your 20,000th post using "high dews" in a sentence....or your annual posts regarding a redux of 1816.....or even worse one of your childish meltdowns due to the  the weather. Hasn't jr high school started yet in Toolland???

Congratulation!

9 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Congratulation!

Thank you, but thank  the Mets who post here far more often  than I do. The Mets do a fantastic job of keeping all of us  informed/educated by posting their thoughts. I think all of us are fortunate to have the Mets posting here. I would have much rather had  one of the Mets make the 1,000.000 post. 

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Thank you, but thank  the Mets who post here far more often  than I do. The Mets do a fantastic job of keeping all of us  informed/educated by posting their thoughts. I think all of us are fortunate to have the Mets posting here. I would have much rather had  one of the Mets make the 1,000.000 post. 

maybe 2M

On 9/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, ORH_wxman said:

Appreciate the kind words. It actually amazes me how long many of us have been doing this...and some like Jerry predated me on the primitive forums by 5 years. I started actually posting in 2004 on WWBB (though I had lurked even back to the ne.weather days in winter of 2000-2001). Jerry goes back to the TWC days. 

Given that these forums were started by true amateur weenies, I would personally give the honor (if we actually controlled it) of the millionth post to Jerry...consistency and longevity. Without the amateur weenies, we have no forum. Plus, I'm a sucker for nostalgia and he was the first one to really welcome me into the threads on WWBB when I broke out of my lurker shadow. Shoutout to ginxy too...I remember interacting with him very early on as well. He would be another candidate...been around the boards for decades now. 

It's amazing how many highs and lows we've gone through. The CT peeps had that stretch in Jan 2011, the E MA/RI crowd had the stretch in Jan/Feb 2015, the NNE peeps had dec 2007 and March 2017. Many single events mixed in including tornadoes, floods, TCs, ice storms, cold shots, heat waves, etc. We had the lows of 2011-2012 winter (2015-2016 for NNE) and the busted snowstorms and busted severe threats and underperforming air masses. Lol. The list goes on. But it's been a fun ride. Hopefully many more decades to come. 

I'm a little late to reading these posts but this hits the nail on the head.  One of the best posts ever about this journey.

I found ne.weather in the second half of the 2001 winter, when the interior was just going nuts.  I truly believe that high-end winter was what brought me to the interwebs to find a way to talk about the storms.  You know, normal friends and family like to talk about this stuff to a point, but a true weather weenie wants to talk about it all the time.  That's where the internet comes in.  It is crazy how the time goes when you think of how long it has been.

I don't remember when I started posting on WWBB, but I believe it was in the 2003-04 time frame.   A distinct memory is posting about thundersnow in a Dec 2003 event (a 50-inch month for BTV).  Something that sticks out to me while looking in the memory bank are of the Messenger posts in 2004-05 on WWBB.  He was on top of it... all over that stuff for SE MA and the Cape.  No doubt in my mind he would still be posting today, RIP. 

The earliest and most prominent posters that are still around that I can remember are 'Fella, ORH and Ginxy.