• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    havaninotlari
    Newest Member
    havaninotlari
pasnownut

Central PA Fall 2018

There are going to be a lot of people sleeping in cars around Harrisburg tonight. 
Holy F what a disaster. I can’t remember traffic this bad. 

It’s the most cars I’ve ever seen on the side of the road. It reminded me of Atlanta a few years ago and they got some snow.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

There are going to be a lot of people sleeping in cars around Harrisburg tonight. 

I agree. Every major road is either sto and go or total stand still.

7" before switchover 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

This is what happens when NOBODY takes the weatherman seriously. The only thing that will get companies to begin closing up and/or making their staff work from home (assuming they can) when this **** happens is a ****load of people dying as a result of their obligation to show up. 

Unless this is a series of Ambulances stranded on the road, nobody really needed to be out in this.

• Thanks 1

Said f it and walked 4.7 miles from Camp Hill to New Cumberland. Market st is a parking lot. On Bridge st Firefighters are going car to car handing out water. Cars are running out of gas left and right.

. Pro

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

I might be sleeping in my car down here. I have no where to go. Gridlock everywhere. It's chaos.

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

This is what happens when NOBODY takes the weatherman seriously. The only thing that will get companies to begin closing up and/or making their staff work from home (assuming they can) when this **** happens is a ****load of people dying as a result of their obligation to show up. 

Unless this is a series of Ambulances stranded on the road, nobody really needed to be out in this.

My wife is still at work. Wish they'd have let her go early. I am glad I took the week off as we we're getting a new roof. Better to be home than piloting a big rig, although my time will come eventually.

Really sad situation developing up here, 309 and 81 both blocked, people getting off work soon.. lots of people will not be able to get home tonight. 

21 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Said f it and walked 4.7 miles from Camp Hill to New Cumberland. Market st is a parking lot. On Bridge st Firefighters are going car to car handing out water. Cars are running out of gas left and right.

. Pro

Jesus

Jesus

I’m sure the sleet & freezing drizzle for the next 10 hours followed by a 2-3 hr burst of snow just before rush hour tomorrow is going to make it a real picnic tonight.

. Pro

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

Took me 2 hours to get home but I made it - took me over an hour to get across market street bridge

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I’m sure the sleet & freezing drizzle for the next 10 hours followed by a 2-3 hr burst of snow just before rush hour tomorrow is going to make it a real picnic tonight.

. Pro

How are things looking for the second possible second round of snow tonight ?

36 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

. Pro

Bill your employer for any towing and/or removal. 

• Like 1

Situation is crazy.  Some buses took 5 hours to deliver kids.  And as most have said, gridlock everywhere.  Why is this one so bad?  A 6” snow with some mix is significant but my no means unusual around here.  Underestimated?  Timing?  Unprepared?

The freezing rain is going to do a number on the roads with major traffic. All the packed down snow will turn to a block of ice. It’s not like they can even be treated, because of the traffic.

. Pro

Was it lack of preparation or people not taking the weather people seriously? 

Show of hands: Who read, this week, on various Facebook pages "It won't lay, the ground is too warm." We have incredible minds like All weather and MAG and Millville and everyone here that provide information to people in as clear and concise a manner as possible and half of the responses are:

1) Boooo [angry emoticon]

And the other half are 

2) The ground is too warm. 

I understand that it seems like I'm trying to die on this hill, but damnit, why is seven inches of snow causing this to happen? It's not like we forgot how to Pennsylvania. It snows every single year. All the time. This is not a product of lack of knowledge/practice. This is a product of people and entities not wanting to listen.

And with that, I'll shut up.

• Like 1

Situation is crazy.  Some buses took 5 hours to deliver kids.  And as most have said, gridlock everywhere.  Why is this one so bad?  A 6” snow with some mix is significant but my no means unusual around here.  Underestimated?  Timing?  Unprepared?

First of season is always worst.

Underestimated as they kept harking on time of year, climo, blah, blah, blah.

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

My windows facing East are encrusted ice

There's a Mecca joke in there somewhere. I should move to the banter/butthurt thread.

6.5" so far here. Still snowing, but not as hard. The worst part is it's total gridlock on the roads. Every major hill here around Tamaqua is shut down. 

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

6.5" so far here. Still snowing, but not as hard. The worst part is it's total gridlock on the roads. Every major hill here around Tamaqua is shut down. 

And to think, you seemed concerned about busting low lol.

Wow 8.5”.

Road issues I put on penndot. People started leaving at 11 am, state closed at noon. Roads already were gone by then.

Forecast was for 2-4” which is manageable usually. Not this morning, clearly.