Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

34 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

That is our penalty for the jet stream bringing us air from Cancun in late December!  That precip shield is indeed huge.  It may hit 60 in some southern PA locales before sunrise. 

conus.jpg

uncontrollable twitches and ticks commence as xmas 2015 flashes into noggin.......

The temp is 62 here in Newcumberland. it went for 38 at 7:30 to 56 by around 11:30 hit 60 somewhere around 3:30  4:00 am. It stopped raining  a few times here allowing me to get the dog out for a few warm late night Pre Christmas walks. Wouldn't be supersized to here a rumble of thunder today  . I hope Jan -Feb and 10 days of march Are epic. Asking The Big Guy for A big Feb 18 Storm for my 40th B- Day .  

2 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

As of 8:45 am, Scranton has received 0.55" rain. That brings total precipitation for 2018 t0 60.02". 2018 has now surpassed 2011, when 59.99" precipitation was recorded, to become Scranton's wettest year on record.

Hi Don!  Good to see you posting on our thread.   Seems some areas of PA escaped the larger rain totals though I suspect we could still see an additional .50 or so when our bout with "tropical weather" concludes with possible storms this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Just now, bubbler86 said:

Hi Don!  Good to see you posting on our thread.   Seems some areas of PA escaped the larger rain totals though I suspect we could still see an additional .50 or so when our bout with "tropical weather" concludes with possible storms this afternoon. 

That's true. Over here in southeastern New York, there was a time when the rain came in bands with bursts of heavy rain alternating with little or no rain.

31 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

As of 8:45 am, Scranton has received 0.55" rain. That brings total precipitation for 2018 t0 60.02". 2018 has now surpassed 2011, when 59.99" precipitation was recorded, to become Scranton's wettest year on record.

I'm matching Scranton here in Carlisle -- as of 9:30am I've received 0.75" of rainfall since midnight which pushed my annual precipitation total to 60.15".  Was hoping to crack the 60" threshold and have done it.  I think this only makes around 3 times I've ever experienced a year with 60"+.  Definitely noteworthy despite the floods this year.  Thankfully my home is safe from flooding despite living along the Conodoguinet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'm matching Scranton here in Carlisle -- as of 9:30am I've received 0.75" of rainfall since midnight which pushed my annual precipitation total to 60.15".  Was hoping to crack the 60" threshold and have done it.  I think this only makes around 3 times I've ever experienced a year with 60"+.  Definitely noteworthy despite the floods this year.  Thankfully my home is safe from flooding despite living along the Conodoguinet.

It’s hard to believe the difference in yearly precip down this way.    I’m 74”+ at my Coop site and 6 miles south at golf course I’m over 82” now.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

It’s hard to believe the difference in yearly precip down this way.    I’m 74”+ at my Coop site and 6 miles south at golf course I’m over 82” now.   

Had to be from thunderstorm events with training I'd say.  Hard to imagine just one county away and that huge of a difference.  Didn't Voyager say he had something like 70 or 75" up his way too?  Those differences had to appear during the summer months with all the TSRW events we had.

How much did you have in July and September?  I had 9.5" in July and 10" in September.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Had to be from thunderstorm events with training I'd say.  Hard to imagine just one county away and that huge of a difference.  Didn't Voyager say he had something like 70 or 75" up his way too?  Those differences had to appear during the summer months with all the TSRW events we had.

How much did you have in July and September?  I had 9.5" in July and 10" in September.

In Fairfield I was 12.95” in July and 15.96” in September.   At house I was 11.93” in July and 12.45” in September.   Yeah I guess it came down to training storms and always being the jackpot.  

18 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Pressure here now down to 993.  We've had quite a few sub-1000mb events around here during the last few months as well.  Prepare for wind after cold front passes later today or tonight.

The whole time I lived in Florida I never experienced a gust over 50MPH while that is an every month occurrence here.  Pressure differences were not nearly as common there.  Going to feel quite cold tonight.  

16 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Tonight.....until then you may want to break out your swimsuit, sandals, and a sweatshirt you can take off when the sun peaks through

. Pro

And it may very well get back up to 45- 50 tomorrow so not an "arctic front" by any means.   If we end up getting a cutter late next week we could be right back up in the 60's again next Friday.  It is currently 65 at the Middletown Airport...it is 60 at the Orlando Florida International/MCO airport!  This strange weather is fairly interesting when snow is not an option. 

8 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

These cells mean business.    It was raining so hard you could have mistaken it as a July gully washer instead of the first day of winter.   I’m up to 1.81” so far for this  event.    More inbound.   

NWS did an SWS for your storm

Special Weather Statement

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service State College PA
324 PM EST FRI DEC 21 2018

PAZ063-064-212100-
Adams PA-Cumberland PA-
324 PM EST FRI DEC 21 2018

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT PARTS OF ADAMS AND CUMBERLAND
COUNTIES UNTIL 400 PM EST...

7 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

NWS did an SWS for your storm