Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

22 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

...and I think some issue is picking which forum to post in.  My back yard is just west of the LSV but I would still call myself South Central PA which is actually listed as an area for the Philly forum but in the past I have always posted and read here and I know many people here are actually much closer to Philly but pick this forum.  So if someone in Central NY read my post they would call balderdash like you are suggesting.  When I said "this area" in the original post I meant the area I was typing from but it could have been construed as the area the forum covers, my bad.

Go find Cashtown on this board. He gets ALL the friggin snow. He’s a hog like that....;).

You are one of us...stick around.  Fun times hopefully a coming.

Speaking of ....where’s he been?  Did Plowguy go down and bury him in a snowdrift or something?  

19 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Go find Cashtown on this board. He gets ALL the friggin snow. He’s a hog like that....;).

Speaking of ....where’s he been?  Did Plowguy go down and bury him in a snowdrift or something?  

Ski Liberty was on the cusp of opening up and they had put down a fairly good bed of snow (much of it is gone now) so he was probably over there hauling some back to his house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Wow.  Some of us have WAY different ideas of "worse".  That is quite a bold statement alright, and one that by December standards, is not true (assuming you like cold/winter type weather).  

I for one, love winter, and feel this December has been far more tolerable that many.  

100 % agree

We were running below normal temps all month until this weekend.

We just missed a major snow storm that hit about 200 miles south of us thanks to some amazingly bad timed temporary block that strengthened at the wrong time for us.

Blizz it’s good to hear the end is already in sight for this boring period. We need storms and snow to get the mojo rolling again. The SSW looks to be gaining momentum and a split if the PV seems like it’s happening. That may also start to factor into LR guidance.  Looking forward to it. Jan could end up rather busy. 

Atomicwx, this subforum is like a peaceful walk in the park on a sunny day compared to some of the others...

I may be a bit biased since I am a native of Central PA...but I love coming on here to see how things are going. This and the Upstate New York sub, which I am of course active on, are much friendlier and less egotistical than the others.

Of course there will be frustration with the pattern, but I think you all handle it well. Keep on trackin'!

I will be tracking along with you guys most of next week, as I will be with family in Danville, Pottsville, and DuBois areas.

11 hours ago, pasnownut said:

I’m still around, just waiting for something to track.   At this point I might as well pad my rain stats for the year.  At the house I’m at 72.45” and the golf course I’m at 81.35”.    Just a crazy year.    I had 15.96” of rain during September at the course which was recognized as the max precip amount for the state through the state climatologist report.   I guess that meant I had the wettest golf course as well

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m still around, just waiting for something to track.   At this point I might as well pad my rain stats for the year.  At the house I’m at 72.45” and the golf course I’m at 81.35”.    Just a crazy year.    I had 15.96” of rain during September at the course which was recognized as the max precip amount for the state through the state climatologist report.   I guess that meant I had the wettest golf course as well

The Mount Joy/Manheim area is above 80" YTD as well. I wish I knew exactly how much but I don't know if there's an "official" station or another way to verify where they're at. 

Are your stats strictly rainfall or is that total QPF? 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The Mount Joy/Manheim area is above 80" YTD as well. I wish I knew exactly how much but I don't know if there's an "official" station or another way to verify where they're at. 

Are your stats strictly rainfall or is that total QPF? 

That’s rain a snow combined.  Sorry bout that.   

12 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Atomicwx, this subforum is like a peaceful walk in the park on a sunny day compared to some of the others...

I may be a bit biased since I am a native of Central PA...but I love coming on here to see how things are going. This and the Upstate New York sub, which I am of course active on, are much friendlier and less egotistical than the others.

Of course there will be frustration with the pattern, but I think you all handle it well. Keep on trackin'!

I will be tracking along with you guys most of next week, as I will be with family in Danville, Pottsville, and DuBois areas.

Well thanks Matt.  We look forward to you chiming in.  Yesterday was just a bit of frustration but were already through it, and by the looks of things, it might get rather fun around here.  My suspicions a week ago (about the warmup being more transient than permanent) , seem to be gaining traction and we're already seeing signs of potential once again showing up for the holiday week.  Once we turn the calendar, all hell may break loose...especially if the SSW episode continues to occur as there will be more sustained cold close by for events to be white, not wet.  If i dont see another cutter on the weather map all year, I'td be just fine by me.  

Nut

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

sorry, my company was just talking about our 401K, i said screw that i can't run that far, where is the closest bar....

you too huh??  tempting to cash in and pay off mortgages and find a fireproof mattress w/ a hole in it......lol

where shall we meet? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Well thanks Matt.  We look forward to you chiming in.  Yesterday was just a bit of frustration but were already through it, and by the looks of things, it might get rather fun around here.  My suspicions a week ago (about the warmup being more transient than permanent) , seem to be gaining traction and we're already seeing signs of potential once again showing up for the holiday week.  Once we turn the calendar, all hell may break loose...especially if the SSW episode continues to occur as there will be more sustained cold close by for events to be white, not wet.  If i dont see another cutter on the weather map all year, I'td be just fine by me.  

Nut

Thanks for responding, Nut. You guys move on quickly.

I am amazed at how much precipitation you all have had this year. My bro lives near Pottsville in Orwigsburg, and that area had so many training rain events.

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That snowfall map above looks somewhat similar to what the NAM was spitting out for January 2016. We all laughed. And then it almost verified perfectly. (Particularly in the I-81 corridor) 

57 minutes ago, canderson said:

I only trust these crazy maps when the NAM spits it out.

January 2016 or bust. Greatest. Storm. Ever.

Yep! (Though I agree with Superstorm regarding 1993)