Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Just came outside with the dog and went from nothing to pingers. I could see it coming as the mountains south of town were hazy. As I type this we went from nothing to a full on sleet attack...lol

Now let's see if and when it flips to flakes...

You have had to listen to some of us babbling about Sn+ and it is your turn now!  Enjoy.

19 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

I think at this point it is not out of the realm that some people in the LSV stay all snow based on the lack of advance in the "sleet line" still south and east of Washington.  Once the forming coastal takes more influence it will push that line north but models have busted, even HRRR, in doing it too fast so any data after that bust is also suspect.  Just a thought.   The GFS depiction was a total failure for the Mid Atlantic. 

I too have been watching the march of the warm nose (as best i can) and agree that it seems that this may be one of those deals that we hang on and end as snizzle in the dryslot, and then see what (if any for me) wraparound does.  I'd be totally fine if we lose out on part 2 in trade for a non liquid part 1.  I sound like the hamburgler.

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I too have been watching the march of the warm nose (as best i can) and agree that it seems that this may be one of those deals that we hang on and end as snizzle in the dryslot, and then see what (if any for me) wraparound does.  I'd be totally fine if we lose out on part 2 in trade for a non liquid part 1.  I sound like the hamburgler.

That was my wonderment as well.  I am not expert so just going by trends it is already noon and the line is still down at DCA.  How fast will it move this way?  The dryslot/snizzle idea is exactly what I envisioned when writing the post.  When everyone is out digging their cars out in early evening.   Could be way off base and we are all pinging in two hours so just having fun with discussion. 

Edit:  The latest HRRR still insists on changing eastern LSV to mixed in about 2-3 hours.  

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I thought people just didn't remember how to drive with all the wrecks, however i'm hearing from multiple sources roads are trashed. 

still snow+  at 29 degrees here in Harrisburg

my wife barely was able to get home - I can leave to head home but not sure I want to with the way it seems roads currently are

5 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

my wife barely was able to get home - I can leave to head home but not sure I want to with the way it seems roads currently are

My wife just made it home from Hershey. Do you still work off of Cameron Street? A co-worker said Cameron at Elmerton is at a stand still and 81 going across the GWB is not good either

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

My wife just made it home from Hershey. Do you still work off of Cameron Street? A co-worker said Cameron at Elmerton is at a stand still and 81 going across the GWB is not good either

I'm downtown and was hoping to get to west shore via Market Street Bridge but not sure how conditions are there

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Roads SUUUUUUUUCK. 

Avoid any main road or interstate around Harrisburg - you’re going nowhere on them. 

Yeah, Google Maps traffic is UGLY...

Every road is dark red, accidents everywhere, and it looks like I-83 northbound is closed going up over Reeser's Summit