Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

My sister and BIL live next door. I told them yesterday we'll have to keep their pool open for another week or so. 

I'm heading to OCMD Sunday, i guess i better start paying attention to this Hurricane.

The only thing that really means for you is you need to remember to take the wax for your surfboard now. :)

• Like 1

Just now, sauss06 said:

At least you didn't bake in Happy Valley Saturday :D

No I did not, and for that i am very thankful. Also grateful we didn't have to evacuate the Beav like Canderson did down at Fedex. 

It turned out to be pretty good football weather except for the humidity. Hats off to App. State for playing their freaking hearts out. Honestly, they deserved to win. 

28 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I feel special today. Lanco is the only county in the CTP area to be under a Heat Advisory. Such joy...

We are special. Im so tired of looking at the inside of my house.  I want to be outside doing stuff, but its just not fun.  You know its bad when my normal warmie buddies, are sick of it....

25 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

No I did not, and for that i am very thankful. Also grateful we didn't have to evacuate the Beav like Canderson did down at Fedex. 

It turned out to be pretty good football weather except for the humidity. Hats off to App. State for playing their freaking hearts out. Honestly, they deserved to win. 

much closer than I expected (not that i was paying much attention, but the score sorta startled me.  Good to see the smaller schools givin it a go.  Good on them.

52 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I usually avoid the first game because normally you bake. I wish we would have gone now.

27 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

We are special. Im so tired of looking at the inside of my house.  I want to be outside doing stuff, but its just not fun.  You know its bad when my normal warmie buddies, are sick of it....

I'm an all seasons kind of guy. I like the heat in the summer because we party like there is no tomorrow at my sisters pool and i always hate when the pool gets closed. I'll take the heat this week just to extend the beer consumption by the pool for the PSU-****T game Saturday :D

26 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

much closer than I expected (not that i was paying much attention, but the score sorta startled me.  Good to see the smaller schools givin it a go.  Good on them.

I knew it would be close. App State isn't that bad of a team. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Penn State probably loses 3 or 4 games. 

To the weather, looks like we're getting another big round of soaking rains starting Thursday. Good news though - the weekend looks like it'll be in the low 70s max for the LSV and the northern tier guys might struggle to hit 65. 

I saw that for this weekend and plan to be up there to enjoy the nice weather.  Hope i need a sweatshirt around the campfire Saturday night.....

Penn State probably loses 3 or 4 games. 

To the weather, looks like we're getting another big round of soaking rains starting Thursday. Good news though - the weekend looks like it'll be in the low 70s max for the LSV and the northern tier guys might struggle to hit 65. 

PSU is very young at too many skilled positions to make a serious run. Having said that, there is no player in the country that I want on my team more than McSorley. He is a winner. Period. My wife sensed my apprehension before kickoff Saturday and asked if I was feeling good about the game. I said I was not, but my gut said that Trace wouldn't let them lose. Pretty much accurate on that one.

Not excited about the entire week of weather. 90+ through Thursday and then days of rain. Will it ever end? 

17 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

PSU is very young at too many skilled positions to make a serious run. Having said that, there is no player in the country that I want on my team more than McSorley. He is a winner. Period. My wife sensed my apprehension before kickoff Saturday and asked if I was feeling good about the game. I said I was not, but my gut said that Trace wouldn't let them lose. Pretty much accurate on that one.

Not excited about the entire week of weather. 90+ through Thursday and then days of rain. Will it ever end? 

one of these days i will make it up to happy valley for a game.  I hear too many great stories of the fun to be had.....plus i like beer :)

Not sure how PSU will do but I enjoy watching them for sure.

yeah this week is added onto a pile of 90+weeks w/ crazy humidity.  Not going to know how to act w/ lower humidity days that hopefully are coming soon.

4 hours ago, pasnownut said:

one of these days i will make it up to happy valley for a game.  I hear too many great stories of the fun to be had.....plus i like beer :)

yeah this week is added onto a pile of 90+weeks w/ crazy humidity.  Not going to know how to act w/ lower humidity days that hopefully are coming soon.

I will forever remember this summer for it's relentless humidity. As someone who wears glasses, I've spent the past several months blindly guessing where I'm walking outside. We've had many summers with more heat but I can't remember one that has been this sticky. 

Penn State football is so much more than a game...it really is an experience. You need to get up there at least once. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pasnownut said:

27 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I will forever remember this summer for it's relentless humidity. As someone who wears glasses, I've spent the past several months blindly guessing where I'm walking outside. We've had many summers with more heat but I can't remember one that has been this sticky. 

Penn State football is so much more than a game...it really is an experience. You need to get up there at least once. 

I agree. Its such a great time.

• Like 1

Two things:

1) our friend Steve (@Voyager) is having thyroid surgery tomorrow. He could use good thoughts.

2) Might want to keep an eye on Florence in the Atlantic. Got a bad feeling about her,.

Hope it goes well. 

Hate to say it but we need something notable to change this pattern. Hope Florence gets close enough to do just that.