Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

2 minutes ago, pawatch said:

NWS State College
@NWSStateCollege
5h
Good morning and Happy Friday! We've got some great news: we're expecting at least 5 straight days of sunshine starting tomorrow. The next chance for rain/snow isn't until next Friday! #PAwx pic.twitter.com/Rfmv4zEQYt

:o

Eric Horst tweeted this morning that we likely will have 11 consecutive dry days - last time we had that was January 2018. 

The sky caved at about the 20k foot level this afternoon with one heck of a cirrus storm ongoing. 

Hate to miss a big one like that but I’m pretty encouraged with the pattern so far this winter if we can keep the charged up southern jet. 

With the 10.5” storm in mid November I’m sitting at 13.5” total for the season so far.. can’t complain about that. 

My wife just saw Jim Cantore...and never said a word to him. She said that "weather weenies" were lining up for pics with him. One thing that is pretty cool...she said she watched Jim help push stranded cars in Boone earlier today. 

Just under 20" down there. I guess they might get several more inches tonight when the upper level energy dives through. 

Finished with about 22" in Boone. Wife is out on a Jeb walk right now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The sky caved at about the 20k foot level this afternoon with one heck of a cirrus storm ongoing. 

Hate to miss a big one like that but I’m pretty encouraged with the pattern so far this winter if we can keep the charged up southern jet. 

With the 10.5” storm in mid November I’m sitting at 13.5” total for the season so far.. can’t complain about that. 

It's easier when it's more than 50 miles away. It sucks whenever returns dissipate as soon as it hits your county line. 

Some bitterness over the missed opportunity for snow around the different subforums the last 24 hours. As a self-proclaimed weenie I get it...though I believe a lot of us have developed a sense of entitlement. Growing up in this area during the 70s meant going through a lot of heartache. Other than the February 1983 storm we had a lot of lean years in the 70s and 80s watching our snows either flip over to rain OR watching a fair number of "southern sliders" as they are called today.

I don't have data on how often it happened but memory recalls enough misses south that would send a lot a weenies running for therapy today.

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Some bitterness over the missed opportunity for snow around the different subforums the last 24 hours. As a self-proclaimed weenie I get it...though I believe a lot of us have developed a sense of entitlement. Growing up in this area during the 70s meant going through a lot of heartache. Other than the February 1983 storm we had a lot of lean years in the 70s and 80s watching our snows either flip over to rain OR watching a fair number of "southern sliders" as they are called today.

I don't have data on how often it happened but memory recalls enough misses south that would send a lot a weenies running for therapy today.

We might have a repeat this weekend - we stay too warm and the SE cool enough for another round. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Was 16 at the house when I woke up at 7:15 a.m. A very cold morning out and about. 

And it looks like a crapload of rain is inbound Friday evening, 1"+ possible.

i mean we have gone a week without any measurable precip, soooooooooooooooooooooooooo i guess we're due, right? :raining::raining::facepalm:

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I like the new positive you. 

I'm ready to close the shades for a bit and see what things look like in 10-14 days. Hopefully things turn around when we get ready to flip the calendar.

14 days puts us on Christmas. i'll take another 2002 please and thank you sir. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I like the new positive you. 

I'm ready to close the shades for a bit and see what things look like in 10-14 days. Hopefully things turn around when we get ready to flip the calendar.

You guys finally wore on me lol...infectious. Hoping we all get a few flakes in the air from it before the rainstorm Friday night.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Remember mowing your lawn Christmas Eve a few years ago? That blew. 

I do. And then went to my family X-mas eve party in my swim trunks :) 

14 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I remember turning on my air conditioning on Christmas Eve that year.

yeah, definitely not as much fun as '02

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

No shorts.....please.  Breaking all the rules and posting an op run for xmas eve to keep hope alive.  The phrase "right where we want it" comes to mind, but after last weekend, NC stole that one from us.  No matter....I'm dreamin.....

hey now...........we may have to change your name to Santa :snowing:

42 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

hey now...........we may have to change your name to Santa :snowing:

lol.  I may have made progress on the belly and the grey a bit, but I've got a lot of work to do. 

Mind you this was merely for fun, and to just cast a bit of "its gonna be ok" into the warmish period coming up, as it looks to be transient and a "no need for toasters" kinda warmup. 

You guys talking about 2015 made me start to twitch/tick all over again.  Hope i never relive a Christmas like that in PA.  It's just not right.