Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

59 minutes ago, canderson said:

12z models were a bad run for anyone north of Virginia, esp the Euro. Yikes.. Gonna be wild to see Roanoke get 14” snow in December and us get cirrus lol.

Days to go but with the steadysouh consensus it’s not looking good.

I agree...don't think this was our storm.  Think I-40 is going to get the bonus not I-80...But stranger things have happen.

How about ocean city, NJ getting hit hard by snow today.

4 hours ago, canderson said:

12z models were a bad run for anyone north of Virginia, esp the Euro. Yikes.. Gonna be wild to see Roanoke get 14” snow in December and us get cirrus lol.

Days to go but with the steadysouh consensus it’s not looking good.

Agreed. This is suppression unless a surprise happens that High will not budge. Richmond is getting snow in early December you know if that happens this is likely going to be a good year. And it is only December 5th. 

Joe Bastardi believes there is still room for this storm to come far enough north to impact our region up through at least NYC. He provided several reasons & east coast storms have proven to be one of his strengths over the years.

Also, he had a great post today on The Euro seasonal forecast, which just updated again. It portrays a fantastic pattern right through February.

Even if this storm ends up shutting us out, the game has just begun. We should have several winter storm chances this year!

24 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Joe Bastardi believes there is still room for this storm to come far enough north to impact our region up through at least NYC. He provided several reasons & east coast storms have proven to be one of his strengths over the years.

Also, he had a great post today on The Euro seasonal forecast, which just updated again. It portrays a fantastic pattern right through February.

Even if this storm ends up shutting us out, the game has just begun. We should have several winter storm chances this year!

Joe B thinks every storm can surprise.  

37 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Joe B thinks every storm can surprise.  

He is one of the best with east coast storms. He has great knowledge of the history of east coast storms & the weather patterns that produced them over the decades. Sometimes he holds on to ideas for too long, but he does not change his forecast with each run of the models.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

He is one of the best with east coast storms. He has great knowledge of the history of east coast storms & the weather patterns that produced them over the decades. Sometimes he holds on to ideas for too long, but he does not change his forecast with each run of the models.

I love you and your optimism, and quite frankly I loved JB back in the 80s. But come on...he has tarnished his reputation over the years from hyping seemingly every storm to the max. It's really hard to take him seriously these days...

I agree about one thing, he doesn't give up. He will go down with his ship! 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Roanoke or bust. 

You can hitch a ride with me...lol

The one time I'd have preferred to go to Chicago, and I get a trip to Richmond (Houston)Texas. I will be driving down 81 and through Roanoke sometime on Monday. Most likely in the afternoon/early evening. I'm hoping and praying that the storm is a fast one and is out of that region by then.

Actually, I may just head west on 80 from Lewisburg to Columbus, drop down to Cincy and Louisville and pick up 40 in Nashville. From there I can go to Little Rock, pick up 30 and go to Texarkana where I can jump off and take the overland route to Houston. It's 35 miles and 45 minutes longer to go around the storm than to try and drive into it or deal with the aftermath.

35 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Actually, I may just head west on 80 from Lewisburg to Columbus, drop down to Cincy and Louisville and pick up 40 in Nashville. From there I can go to Little Rock, pick up 30 and go to Texarkana where I can jump off and take the overland route to Houston. It's 35 miles and 45 minutes longer to go around the storm than to try and drive into it or deal with the aftermath.

Yea that's likely wise. Enjoy 59S - I've spent literally 1,000s of hours on that road. I went to college in Nacogdoches, wave to it as you take the loop around. :)

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yea that's likely wise. Enjoy 59S - I've spent literally 1,000s of hours on that road. I went to college in Nacogdoches, wave to it as you take the loop around. :)

I was on it a few weeks ago and went through Nacogdoches. It's a good road. Lots of 70mph zones outside the towns.