• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

Pennlive reporting the 8.3" as a record. I like records, extremes etc..................how many more can we break this year :drunk:

i seriously think we dodged a bullet. Had the temperature not risen, that freezing rain/sleet would have been hell this morning. It would have been like the V-day storm in 06 or 07 (can't remember) or worse. i know for certain i would have lost power. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Pennlive reporting the 8.3" as a record. I like records, extremes etc..................how many more can we break this year :drunk:

i seriously think we dodged a bullet. Had the temperature not risen, that freezing rain/sleet would have been hell this morning. It would have been like the V-day storm in 06 or 07 (can't remember) or worse. i know for certain i would have lost power. 

Yeah i agree.  When we went to bed, i told my wife the same thing.  mid 30's saved us a lot of headache overnight/morning commute.

Plus, it will give us time to get "ready" for the next one.  Crazy pics we've been seeing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Just got back in from clearing the walk and driveway. I thought I screwed up shoveling when it switched to skeet yesterday but turns out it didn’t matter. No ice issues - slippery but not an ice rink.

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just got back in from clearing the walk and driveway. I thought I screwed up shoveling when it switched to skeet yesterday but turns out it didn’t matter. No ice issues - slippery but not an ice rink.

i wish i had shoveled yesterday. Chit was really heavy this morning. 

1 minute ago, bubbler86 said:

If I had not been able to shovel yesterday we would still be stuck as there is no way I am shoveling 1/8" of a mile of what is out there now.  I feel bad you had to.

I had a wisdom tooth pulled late Wednesday afternoon so yesterday i wasn't really feeling great ya know. Or i would have been outside drinking beer and on snow removal :D

20 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

State College has been shafted repeatedly for years. Glad to see Happy Valley get smoked this time! 

Best part about this storm was that everyone in this forum cashed in! It’s been a long time since we could say that about a storm. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come this winter.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Best part about this storm was that everyone in this forum cashed in! It’s been a long time since we could say that about a storm. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come this winter.

Truth! I'm trying to recall a storm where virtually the entire subforum received a 6"-12" snowfall. Doesn't happen often for sure.

83N is shut down again in York cause a truck overturned. 

I think they're going to be forced to make all trucks get off the road when it starts snowing around HBG. So many are empty trailers that can't make it up a hill or around a turn without jacknifing. It led to yesterday's trafficgedon and it'll undoubtedly be an issue for every storm now. 

83N is shut down again in York cause a truck overturned. 

I think they're going to be forced to make all trucks get off the road when it starts snowing around HBG. So many are empty trailers that can't make it up a hill or around a turn without jacknifing. It led to yesterday's trafficgedon and it'll undoubtedly be an issue for every storm now. 

83 between MD and Harrisburg is one of the worst sections of roads in PA. Just as bad or worse than Schuylkill Expressway in Philly area. Bad weather or sunny and dry weather.

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

8.8" storm total for MDT. 

I know we shouldn't give mets any issue with this system but man did they miss it. Understandably so, but damn. 

CAD bite them in the butt...agreed it wasn't one of their best storm predictions. There was some Mets out there who made some pretty good calls.

Tough storm for cleanup.