• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

Have 8” on my deck and 6” in the grass and that was measured after it had been raining for about an hour.  Today turned into such a mess I think because the plows were likely waiting to start plowing/treating the roads but then schools/businesses/etc started closing and roads turned into total gridlock before plows could do anything and now it’s too late.  Now that it is raining it is going to be messy for a bit and hard to clear.

• Like 1

Have 8” on my deck and 6” in the grass and that was measured after it had been raining for about an hour.  Today turned into such a mess I think because the plows were likely waiting to start plowing/treating the roads but then schools/businesses/etc started closing and roads turned into total gridlock before plows could do anything and now it’s too late.  Now that it is raining it is going to be messy for a bit and hard to clear.

It’s still 29 here. That rain is going turn those roads into glaciers because they never got treated.

. Pro

15 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

This is sleet//zr mix - things are going to get worse before better. 

I have received a text message, email, and phone call from my employer telling me to call the employee line at 530 am before heading in tomorrow. 

Spoiler Alert: Not happening. 

My dog is currently hanging out waiting for a squirrel or a rat to come down a drain pipe, where it will meet an abrupt, yet hilarious end. If I sit here in the rain all night and become hypothermic, then god's will be done. Go get em, Pluto. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Elizabethtown buses all returned to their schools and they are asking parents, guardians, emergency contacts to come “reunify” with their children.

. Pro

No. That cannot be real. Tell me they're not sending hundreds of people out into this mess to make things worse. 

30 minutes ago, canderson said:

Now in full zr in Harrisburg. I think ice accretion wil be a significant issue here tonight. 

That too is my worry. Just got done snow blowing the neighborhood and ice accretion in road was notable. If HRRR is right and we throw 1-2 on top of weighted limbs it could be a problem in addition to what we are already seeing on roadways. 

holy **** balls that was *the* worst drive I've ever had. Left Delaware around 330-4ish and it had switched over to full freezing rain. Google re-routed onto back roads (that of course were untouched) because of the accident on the turnpike. Cars off the road everywhere. Wrecks everywhere. 81/581 are a parking lot. 11/15 feels like back dirty road switchboards the ice is so thick. ****ing hell

Hi all.  I’m reporting in from 35,000 feet where the outdoor temp is a brisk -53F.  I don’t know the wind chill for 550mph and this temp.  :)

as for Carlisle my wife reports between 8.8” and 9.0” before sleet.  She reports heavy sleet now.  What a day and night.  I feel for all of you who had to deal with the negative side of the event...the traffic nightmares!!  Stay safe all.

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Hi all.  I’m reporting in from 35,000 feet where the outdoor temp is a brisk -53F.  I don’t know the wind chill for 550mph and this temp.  :)

as for Carlisle my wife reports between 8.8” and 9.0” before sleet.  She reports heavy sleet now.  What a day and night.  I feel for all of you who had to deal with the negative side of the event...the traffic nightmares!!  Stay safe all.

I forgot you were an airline attendant. For a second, I thought you were **** posting from Everest. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

83 appears closed still both ways between Harrisburg and York. 

PennDOT has explaining to do imo

The turnpike exit 242W had about a 2 mile line waiting to get off and atleast that on the east bound side to exit. Penndot and most of the local municipalities public works have *alot* of explaining to do