Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

There are going to be a lot of people sleeping in cars around Harrisburg tonight. 

Holy F what a disaster. I can’t remember traffic this bad. 

This is what happens when NOBODY takes the weatherman seriously. The only thing that will get companies to begin closing up and/or making their staff work from home (assuming they can) when this **** happens is a ****load of people dying as a result of their obligation to show up. 

Unless this is a series of Ambulances stranded on the road, nobody really needed to be out in this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

This is what happens when NOBODY takes the weatherman seriously. The only thing that will get companies to begin closing up and/or making their staff work from home (assuming they can) when this **** happens is a ****load of people dying as a result of their obligation to show up. 

Unless this is a series of Ambulances stranded on the road, nobody really needed to be out in this.

My wife is still at work. Wish they'd have let her go early. I am glad I took the week off as we we're getting a new roof. Better to be home than piloting a big rig, although my time will come eventually.

34 minutes ago, canderson said:

There are going to be a lot of people sleeping in cars around Harrisburg tonight. 

Holy F what a disaster. I can’t remember traffic this bad. 

Took me 2 hours to get home but I made it - took me over an hour to get across market street bridge

• Like 1

Situation is crazy.  Some buses took 5 hours to deliver kids.  And as most have said, gridlock everywhere.  Why is this one so bad?  A 6” snow with some mix is significant but my no means unusual around here.  Underestimated?  Timing?  Unprepared?

Was it lack of preparation or people not taking the weather people seriously? 

Show of hands: Who read, this week, on various Facebook pages "It won't lay, the ground is too warm." We have incredible minds like All weather and MAG and Millville and everyone here that provide information to people in as clear and concise a manner as possible and half of the responses are:

1) Boooo [angry emoticon]

And the other half are 

2) The ground is too warm. 

I understand that it seems like I'm trying to die on this hill, but damnit, why is seven inches of snow causing this to happen? It's not like we forgot how to Pennsylvania. It snows every single year. All the time. This is not a product of lack of knowledge/practice. This is a product of people and entities not wanting to listen.

And with that, I'll shut up.

• Like 1

Situation is crazy.  Some buses took 5 hours to deliver kids.  And as most have said, gridlock everywhere.  Why is this one so bad?  A 6” snow with some mix is significant but my no means unusual around here.  Underestimated?  Timing?  Unprepared?

First of season is always worst.

Underestimated as they kept harking on time of year, climo, blah, blah, blah.