Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

4 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Just got in from shoveling a 1/8th mile long driveway.  We are about 7.5" with moderate snow.  Nice dendrites and no mixing.  Cannot keep up as it is about 1" an hour.   HRRR keeps pushing back any changeover. It stays 4 hours in the future.

Works for me

my 6 hr board clear was 7.2”

still a mod snow.     What a way to start the season 

To shovel or not to shovel?  Slop on top of snow is better than slop on shoveled surface.  Will the rain wash away the snow?  I guess the first challenge is to get home from work and up the hill to my neighborhood.  I went out to Costco and Giant on 22 at lunch and had traction issues in my minivan as it is a mess out there.

1 minute ago, 717WeatherLover said:

To shovel or not to shovel?  Slop on top of snow is better than slop on shoveled surface.  Will the rain wash away the snow?  I guess the first challenge is to get home from work and up the hill to my neighborhood.  I went out to Costco and Giant on 22 at lunch and had traction issues in my minivan as it is a mess out there.

Unless you life far Southeast I am not sure there is any rain coming.  I decided to shovel at 6-7" as I am thinking we get close to a foot by the end counting snow over night. 

8 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I’m under that heavy band now that’s likely associated with the good forcing... let’s just say the sky caved. 

Crushed, visibility <1/8th, 4.3” and piling up. 

2001kx I think you’ll get rolling as the afternoon wears on. 

Thanks MAG..Fingers crossed.

Good to see your getting the goods :)

• Like 1

For once I can say "it's puking snow up here"...lol

And it is. Big, beautiful dendrites that are piling up rather quickly. I'm guessing, since I didn't measure yet, that we have between 1 and 2 inches down already. Also the temp dropped from 31f right before it started to 27f now. 

What's amazing is how cold this one is. Other November storms that I remember were warmer. I was outside doing a video segment in my backyard, and it felt more like January than November.