Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

27 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Don

Do you have any information what the snowfall was for the year?

Thanks

2011-12 had just 18.5" snow. Very little snow fell in the East that winter. The record for 1945-46 is incomplete.

With the likely El Niño/EPO- combination this winter, snowfall should be much higher than it was in 2011-12.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

As of 4:16 pm, Scranton had received 0.70" rain. That brings total precipitation for 2018 to 53.78". As a result, 2018 has moved ahead of 1945 to become Scranton's 2nd wettest year on record. A total of 53.71" precipitation was recorded during 1945. Scranton's wettest year on record is 2011 when 59.99" precipitation fell.

There are no official records or recording data for Tamaqua PA, Don, but so far today I have 0.68" in the gauge for a yearly total for this year of 66.14".

It was great to see the reports of winter weather yesterday from the north & west areas of CTP !

It looks like those same areas of CTP could cash in again on Monday night & Tuesday.

If the low takes an ideal track & the timing is right, I could see how some of us further south & east could start or end with some flakes mixing in.

13DDA7B1-8677-41C2-A09A-01EAB8012A8B.png

A4E6CEB4-4FC6-44AD-B445-17CC0821BE98.png

12 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Totally forgot the NWS was issuing snow squall warnings. Clearfield crew may be in one right now. My weather box just went off for Centre and Huntingdon counties. Should be fun. Now I kinda wish I were at the State game.

Was a little slick this morning.

20181110_055209.jpg

The GFS & Euro are now bringing another storm up the coast on Thursday & Friday this week. There looks to be more cold air in place at the start so everyone in CTP begins with some frozen precip. The GFS takes a more favorable track for us, while the Euro runs the low just inland. 

Maybe it’s the good old “storm after the storm” that brings the goods to us this week?! 

D6783991-0637-447F-AFEF-9B4397087F02.png

479CDAC4-9ADF-467D-A5A8-2C4CC2039A8E.png

40A38C15-BE08-4472-9F73-D601BBCEE440.png

E6950D8C-3E1D-4FF2-8CD5-2EAF553D934C.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

#snowtv

Normal disclaimer applies.....but i can see better  potential for Thursday as the lower levels look better for true central pa (although taint likely for a period with normal caveats by geographic locations). North Central is big winner verbatim

gfs_asnow_neus_21.png

This is where our buddy from Williamsport stays quiet all week and then goes about his business removing 6" of paste while we get our cars washed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, canderson said:

I think Thursday morning might be a messy commute for most of us. 

Minor ice down here at best.  I think we are out largely on this one.  Points further north/west have some stale cold air that is deep enough to cause them some trouble LP position is just perfect.  NAM extrapolated looks wetter than whiter.  CMC says game on (as per GFS) and if you want snow in Downhereville go look at the evlolution of the 12z ICON.  Crazy evolution for sure.  Has SE pa snowbomb with rain further NW (likely dynamically driven event if it were to pan out as depicted). No way ICON can be right....but it would be cool to see no doubt.  

Were trackin...its mid november.  All good (bonus) to me.