Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

ive read several winter forecasts stating almost the same, 150-200% of our normal. 

#believeitwheniseeit

I've not seen any of recent, but at this juncture a consensus of the smart folk saying it is all we can ask right.  

Being that the signals continue to grow at we approach mid November is great.  High end low to low end moderate nino is looking likely and for these parts a snow lovers delight pattern wise.  CPC's 11/4 update supports this

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf  (pg 25 CFS v2 graph for you cliffnote folks :))

Now we just need AO/NAO/EPO and a couple other tellies to line up to help... and if momma nature doesn't run outta water from all she's been using lately......were set.

Nutter

16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I've not seen any of recent, but at this juncture a consensus of the smart folk saying it is all we can ask right.  

Being that the signals continue to grow at we approach mid November is great.  High end low to low end moderate nino is looking likely and for these parts a snow lovers delight pattern wise.  CPC's 11/4 update supports this

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf  (pg 25 CFS v2 graph for you cliffnote folks :))

Now we just need AO/NAO/EPO and a couple other tellies to line up to help... and if momma nature doesn't run outta water from all she's been using lately......were set.

Nutter

i can't remember the last time it rained :lmao:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

my heart skipped at beat when i saw that :facepalm:

dont look now but the 12z gfs shows a high elevation slushfest for NC pa this weekend.  Hybrid Miller B similarities w/ LP transfer.  Wouldnt be suprised to see some whitening of the ground during intense rates being advertised.  

anticipation still looms for the next few panels for next Tues.  

gfs_asnow_neus_16.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Money shot incoming on the GFS.  CLASSIC early season track for next Tuesday....wowzers.  

verbatim, SE Pa on sideline, but the rest of the forum...enjoy. I'll be watching. 

you're talking dirty today :lol:

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Can we keep the cold air in place? That's the billion snowshovel question. 

i was thinking the same. 

As of 4:16 pm, Scranton had received 0.70" rain. That brings total precipitation for 2018 to 53.78". As a result, 2018 has moved ahead of 1945 to become Scranton's 2nd wettest year on record. A total of 53.71" precipitation was recorded during 1945. Scranton's wettest year on record is 2011 when 59.99" precipitation fell.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

As of 4:16 pm, Scranton had received 0.70" rain. That brings total precipitation for 2018 to 53.78". As a result, 2018 has moved ahead of 1945 to become Scranton's 2nd wettest year on record. A total of 53.71" precipitation was recorded during 1945. Scranton's wettest year on record is 2011 when 59.99" precipitation fell.

Don

Do you have any information what the snowfall was for the year?

Thanks