Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

looks like rain from sometime Friday evening right through Monday. Wet and raw in the low 40s. 

The 2011 event, MDT official was 9.7. it had quite a cutoff too. South and east was much better then west. i only recorded 3". Wasn't someone from the weather channel in Harrisburg for this event?

And i agree with Mag, the rest of that winter sucked. We only had a handful of events with Saturday January 21st, 5.25" as the biggest. i only recorded 13.25 for the season.  

Saturday should make for an interesting time in Happy Valley. Glad i don't have tickets for that game, 330 kickoff

yep, the superstitious part of me wants no snow in Oct.  Its a curse.  Save it for when its supposed to snow.

I can remember my buds going up to the poconos to rip around on sleds for an evening....just to say they rode before Halloween.  I then remember like 3 months later still waiting for my first ride wishing i'da went with them as it might have been my only chance to ride that year..... bum mer!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

looks like rain from sometime Friday evening right through Monday. Wet and raw in the low 40s. 

The 2011 event, MDT official was 9.7. it had quite a cutoff too. South and east was much better then west. i only recorded 3". Wasn't someone from the weather channel in Harrisburg for this event?

And i agree with Mag, the rest of that winter sucked. We only had a handful of events with Saturday January 21st, 5.25" as the biggest. i only recorded 13.25 for the season.  

Saturday should make for an interesting time in Happy Valley. Glad i don't have tickets for that game, 330 kickoff

Jim Cantore was at the capitol - broadcasting from the fountain. He was doing a live shot when a clap of thunder sounded and he, of course, went nuts.

I remember that storm very well because my parents were here visiting and had never seen more than 2" of snow. IIRC Harrisburg proper had 5.5". That gradient across the river was really something. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m dreaming of having this current radar show up again in December!

& January, February & March !

LOL I was just going to post thank goodness this was not a winter NorEatern the radar looks lame to me. And many would be calling this a bust right now things are shifting east and weaker 

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

LOL I was just going to post thank goodness this was not a winter NorEatern the radar looks lame to me. And many would be calling this a bust right now things are shifting east and weaker 

Yea we might miss all the wind and end less than 1”. That’d be a pretty big bust of it we’re 20 degrees colder. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice fall weather.  Headed to cabin this evening for the rest of the week to take in some tree time (bowhunting) and smell the leaves with family and friends.  Looks like a great weekend upcoming as well.  Enjoy all.  Hoping we can start trackin soon.  I'm ready.

Nut

46 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice fall weather.  Headed to cabin this evening for the rest of the week to take in some tree time (bowhunting) and smell the leaves with family and friends.  Looks like a great weekend upcoming as well.  Enjoy all.  Hoping we can start trackin soon.  I'm ready.

Nut

Safe and happy hunting. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, canderson said:

Haha. When you were there in Pasadena, you were about 3 miles from my brother's home. :)

Cool!

I kinda liked Houston. Boy was it wet down there, though. I walked in the grass at the elementary school and it was oozing water around my shoes.

6 hours ago, Voyager said:

Cool!

I kinda liked Houston. Boy was it wet down there, though. I walked in the grass at the elementary school and it was oozing water around my shoes.

My wife just spent a week in Houston/Pearland. She loved it and wants to go back with me. I told her if we do it as a baseball park tour I'm in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Horst will be posting his winter forecast tomorrow, but he did leave one hint this morning - above average snowfall for the winter is likely...

:wub:

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

My wife just spent a week in Houston/Pearland. She loved it and wants to go back with me. I told her if we do it as a baseball park tour I'm in. 

you had me at baseball park tour

54 minutes ago, canderson said:

Houston sucks. Pearland is strip mall hell. UGH. 

Might get upper 70s today. Record high for KMDT today is 84 back in 1950, that's crazy hot. 

crazy isn't it.