Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Saw the heat index at the Patriots-Jags game Sunday was 107. Can you imagine watching football in that?

Can you imagine PLAYING football in that???

On to the local weather. Rain is falling once again, and we are now up to 2.46" for the event which is in the ballpark of what "some" of the models were pointing out. Considering the flood warnings and advisories, I suspect some got more, but still, I was kind of expecting about an inch and a half, so we did ok for a change...

• Haha 1

Well, it looks like we may have just ended this crazy stretch of heat and humidity, even though it may be temporary.  Just looking forward to opening windows and enjoying the sun.  Even if it does come back, climo helps to take the edge off the heat anyway. #glasshalffull

Happy Hump day y'all!

Nut

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Well, it looks like we may have just ended this crazy stretch of heat and humidity, even though it may be temporary.  Just looking forward to opening windows and enjoying the sun.  Even if it does come back, climo helps to take the edge off the heat anyway. #glasshalffull

Happy Hump day y'all!

Nut

Saturday is looking great. High mid 70's, low into the high 50's 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 12:30 PM, canderson said:

Today! Fall! Arrived!!! YESSSSSSSS.

According to Horst...notsofast.

Last Thursday I speculated that a pattern change might bring the arrival of a persistently cooler weather beginning around October 1st. Today, I'm putting that pattern change on hold for at least another week or so. Why? A massive blocking pattern has since developed in the eastern Pacific and ridging in the western Atlantic now looks to hold on into the opening days of October. The bottom line: It may take until October 7 - 14th for the pattern change to fully reach the Eastern US.

6 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

According to Horst...notsofast.

Last Thursday I speculated that a pattern change might bring the arrival of a persistently cooler weather beginning around October 1st. Today, I'm putting that pattern change on hold for at least another week or so. Why? A massive blocking pattern has since developed in the eastern Pacific and ridging in the western Atlantic now looks to hold on into the opening days of October. The bottom line: It may take until October 7 - 14th for the pattern change to fully reach the Eastern US.

Son of a 

56 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

.3" here, woke up this morning to a flood watch for later today and tonight. Was not expecting this, thought we were going to get a bit of light rain and drizzle tonight. Will it ever end?...

I think after today/night, we stay dry for a couple days anyhow. 

• Like 1