Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Two things:

1) our friend Steve (@Voyager) is having thyroid surgery tomorrow. He could use good thoughts.

2) Might want to keep an eye on Florence in the Atlantic. Got a bad feeling about her,.

Just saw this. Thanks! :)

As for Florence, I'd think her high latitude is going to make things interesting. She's way north (23.4n vs <20n) of where she should be to be a legitimate threat. But if there's one thing we learned this past year or so is that what should happen (re-curve and a fish storm) may not be the actual end result. Still a long way out, but the WAR has been a major player this spring and summer, and she could just keep heading toward the coast under the right conditions.

32 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hey, all. This is "blackrock" whose hometown is Lancaster. Well, it is official....I have made the move from Michigan to Redfield, NY on the Tug. Much closer to family in PA again...so will be joining you guys during my travels home in the time to come. Looking forward to 300" snowfall winters!

Wow. Can't wait for your pictures this winter!

53 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hey, all. This is "blackrock" whose hometown is Lancaster. Well, it is official....I have made the move from Michigan to Redfield, NY on the Tug. Much closer to family in PA again...so will be joining you guys during my travels home in the time to come. Looking forward to 300" snowfall winters!

Dude thats fantastic. I agree with Canderson, can't wait for the pictures. Maybe give us a now picture, then 1 a month until prime time, then hourly will be great :lol:

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hey buddy welcome "back"....lol

uh....thats closer to 200" #bragger

:lol:

I may invite me and my sleds up this year if we get a ratter going round here.  You've been warned.....hehe

12 hours ago, Voyager said:

Just saw this. Thanks! :)

As for Florence, I'd think her high latitude is going to make things interesting. She's way north (23.4n vs <20n) of where she should be to be a legitimate threat. But if there's one thing we learned this past year or so is that what should happen (re-curve and a fish storm) may not be the actual end result. Still a long way out, but the WAR has been a major player this spring and summer, and she could just keep heading toward the coast under the right conditions.

My very best wishes go out to you! 

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

That is awesome! Don't be too upset this winter when the LSV gets hit with a 30" blizzard. We'll send some cirrus up your way. :)

In all seriousness though, way to go for living out your dream. Can't wait to see and read your stories...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

I'm in lol...insane rates they get up there. I'm coming down with you guys if another 30 incher looks possible.

Until you've seen 5"/hr rates, ya just havent lived.  Like snow or not, its just something to witness.

Let me paint you a picture.....sideways snow and we had to pull over in Turin as we could'nt see where the intersections were.  Goggles would just fill up w/ snow every 100yds.  You had to go so slow that the sled was sinking and you'd just get stuck...

Blackrock...enjoy every stinkin flake.  I will live vicariously through you pal.

• Like 1

Until you've seen 5"/hr rates, ya just havent lived.  Like snow or not, its just something to witness.
Let me paint you a picture.....sideways snow and we had to pull over in Turin as we could'nt see where the intersections were.  Goggles would just fill up w/ snow every 100yds.  You had to go so slow that the sled was sinking and you'd just get stuck...
Blackrock...enjoy every stinkin flake.  I will live vicariously through you pal.

Saw at least 5”/hr in that Nov 2014 LES in Buffalo area. It’s unreal.

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Nice little storm came through. Hello cold front!

Not a drip here.  Just came in from loading up trailer for cabin, and let me tell ya, that its still swamp @ss sticky down here.  Looks like frontal boundary hangs up just south so will likely take until morn until we get the lower levels scoured out.  Counting the minutes.

BTW....Go Eagles!!

12 hours ago, canderson said:

Wow. Can't wait for your pictures this winter!

I will gladly share them! ;)

11 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Dude thats fantastic. I agree with Canderson, can't wait for the pictures. Maybe give us a now picture, then 1 a month until prime time, then hourly will be great :lol:

Haha! Will do! I can't wait to take pictures and video.

11 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Hey buddy welcome "back"....lol

uh....thats closer to 200" #bragger

:lol:

I may invite me and my sleds up this year if we get a ratter going round here.  You've been warned.....hehe

Hah...Sure! Come on up! The numbers are actually low. This area averages around 300 inches a year. Pulaski, Mexico, and Fulton are in the 175 to 200 inch range.

9 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

That is awesome! Don't be too upset this winter when the LSV gets hit with a 30" blizzard. We'll send some cirrus up your way. :)

In all seriousness though, way to go for living out your dream. Can't wait to see and read your stories...

Hahaha...no doubt. This area can miss out on the noreasters. Thanks for the kind words.

5 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Oh, I will! Thanks. I am stoked for winter. Locals say they have seen 7 to 8 inch per hour rates. :)

Thanks for the well-wishes all! I always appreciate this sub.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Good Luck Steve, need my fellow warm bro healthy for long time to come!

Thanks! Been out of surgery for about 4 hours now, and sure am sore in the front throat area, especially swallowing. They are keeping me overnight for observation, but have said I'm doing good!

• Like 1