• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2018 Observations

Solak

Achieved an impressive high of 95*F yesterday at ATL, which was 1 degree off the record high for the day. Also, if I'm not mistaken, this was the warmest day of the year (yes, in mid-September, lol).

Well above average temperatures (highs near 90*F) and humidity looks to continue through at least next week too.

10 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Florence has drifted closer today, so it's a little more breezy. But still, it's already 91*F with mostly sunny skies.

got to 97 here yesterday...same for athens....absolutely ridiculous. . Even with a lot of cloud cover it's still 90. At least there is a 20mph breeze today. Sure hoping  i can pick up a little rain with florence...it's really surprising how dry and dead everything is after having such a wet first half of summer. If i get an inch i'd consider myself fortunate given the models consistency in  having the moisture mostly on the north/east side.....although given the track, it's would be really disappointing  to have a slow  moving tropical system heading northwest  in the vicinity of the  savannah river valley and only get that little. 

25 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Yet again, ATL made it to 95*F today (at 1pm). The record high was 97*F, set in 1991.

Now we're getting a heavy rain shower from a shortwave rotating around Florence. No thunder though.

If I made it to 95 here in the triad in mid sept after the summer we've all had across the southeast........i just dont wanna say.  But it might be on the 11 oclock news.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

If I made it to 95 here in the triad in mid sept after the summer we've all had across the southeast........i just dont wanna say.  But it might be on the 11 oclock news.

Relative to normal, temps haven't been that bad here. June was the warmest month of the Summer overall, with a depature of 2.5*F. July and August were around average.

It was May and now September (to-date) that's been torchy, although they're not really Summer months.

That said, it has been a long Summer with non-stop heat and humidity since May, although nothing extreme (in fact, besides yesterday and today, there was only one other 94*F+ day).

4 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Currently 91*F at ATL, making this the 6th 90*F+ day in a row and the 14th 90*F+ day this month.

Some isolated covection is starting to buble up though, after mostly sunny skies for the balance of the day.

Also, the "coldest" low this month to-date was 69*F back on 9/17.

Other than that, ATL hasn't seen another low below 71*F this month.