Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September 2018 Observations

Solak

18 minutes ago, Solak said:

A new month begins, the weather remains the same. Some keep getting showers/storms, some not so lucky.

Sitting on day 11 without rain here.

I was lucky; got a little under a half inch the past few hours. Folks just to the north got much more. It really is the luck of the draw. I hate these type of storms, they pop up, don't move, and basically rain themselves out. Much rather have a line of strong organized storm preceding a cold front.  

The sea breeze from the Atlantic made it this far inland, bringing with it some t'storms right now

The heaviest core slid off just to the north about a mile, but did get a nice shelf cloud, numerous cracks of thunder and some decent 25-30 MPH gusts. Also got just enough rain to dampen everything up.

Otherwise, today was partly to mostly sunny with a high of 89*F.

8 hours ago, Tarheel17 said:

From Brad Panovich. :axe::axe::axe:

Literally the most humid summer since 1971, if not ever, and it's not even close. Fall can't get here soon enough, but no end in sight in the medium-term.

Stay tuned for this Winter's most popular hit "My wet-bulb is too high" followed by "2 inches of sleet, washed away by rain" 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, Tarheel17 said:

40475535_2232795016792942_5958424343242342400_n.png.a4bfe055d31340272904965287cd8992.png

From Brad Panovich. :axe::axe::axe:

Literally the most humid summer since 1971, if not ever, and it's not even close. Fall can't get here soon enough, but no end in sight in the medium-term.

That's very interesting, never seen a graph like that. Most of the summer hasn't felt more humid than normal to me until recently. It has been rainy though, so there's that, guess the rainophiles got what they wanted this year:P

14 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

That's very interesting, never seen a graph like that. Most of the summer hasn't felt more humid than normal to me until recently. It has been rainy though, so there's that, guess the rainophiles got what they wanted this year:P

It might be a case of significant periods of dew points stuck right around 70 degrees which is sticky but not insanely so, rather than spiking into the mid-70's.

That and the persistent rain and chance of tstorms.

2 hours ago, Solak said:

Sucked a trace out of the clouds yesterday evening. Sprinkled for almost 30 seconds. Counted 42 raindrops on the trash can lid.

17 days - no measurable rain. Haven't had to mow this week because the grass stopped growing.

We are in the same boat. Have had only .10" since Aug 24. Hope to get some rain the next few days. Currently 86/77.

I think my AccuRite gauge might be a little off. Yeah, we had some heavy rain just now, but... 10.00"/hr rates?  I dunno. 6" rates were the highest I've seen before. It does show 1.26" but I can usually subtract 12%-15% and have a better estimate.

Wasn't hoping for any soaking rain before Florence got here.