Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Meteorological Fall 2018 Banter

dmillz25

15 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Wow how much did they get?  Huge hailstones too!

I heard there were tornadoes today out on Cape Cod.

Northeast October tornado activity continues to be record breaking this year.

This happened on Cape Cod roughly 24 hours ago. Not normal. Here's our write-up on how it happened: wapo.st/2JdxO8Z (Also check out Ryan's write-up below - well worth reading) twitter.com/ryanhanrahan/s…

One of the most incredible pictures of #mammatus I've ever seen, and it happened just outside in Albany as well! twitter.com/DReeseWx/statu…

• Like 1

RRWT really goes to town with off the scale AN near Nov. 11.    By month's end, it is showing the first BN period that might actually stick around.

This modeling failed in the second half of Oct., but now this BN stint seems to be fading.

What I don’t understand is if this low goes 100 miles east of the last GFS run this could turn into a nice snowstorm for at least 287 and north and I see no people talking about it. This is for Tuesday night

edit: I’d like to add that all this rain may help us when the real cold comes in December and January. We can definitely catch up some snow chances with the volatility of our jet stream nowadays (courtesy of the global warming).