Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Meteorological Fall 2018 Banter

dmillz25

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I never like to be in the bullseye this far out. But another 95/96 wall to wall winter would be shangrala for me.

And I like Bluewaves point. A blizzard of 1888 track with today’s much moister atmosphere would be a 50-60” storm for us. Let’s do it before we eventually cross that threshold of not having enough cold air

I'm in for this.  Then we can grow palm trees around here for all I care. 

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, Rjay said:

In New Orleans.  Got some Michael clouds.   Seriously debated a road trip to Panama City before the rapid intensification.  A cat 2 would have been cool.  A high end cat 4 is big nope.

Would have been a pleasure to meet you Rjay. Shoot me a message next time. We were in callaway just east of Panama City. The hotel we rode out the storm in suffered damage but we didn't feel it was unsafe at any point. Surprising since the rest of callaway was flattened like a pancake. 

• Like 1

A sure sign of the approaching winter. Tweet from NYC Sanitation Dept:

It may be mid-October, but we already have snow on our minds. ❄️Today we start our snow training and you may see plows & salt spreaders on city streets. It's not going to snow today, but winter weather will be here before we know it. We'll be ready!

2 hours ago, dave0176 said:

My buddy just text me this photo he’s in Colorado outside of Denver. Said they got 6” this morning. 

68F12609-C5BA-4203-9B56-364151EF7E07.jpeg

Reminds me our our recent winters. It was 63 yesterday in Denver. Today it's snowing with high temperatures in the low 20's so far.

4 hours ago, weathermedic said:

A sure sign of the approaching winter. Tweet from NYC Sanitation Dept:

It may be mid-October, but we already have snow on our minds. ❄️Today we start our snow training and you may see plows & salt spreaders on city streets. It's not going to snow today, but winter weather will be here before we know it. We'll be ready!

So corny 

abd nyc has got to give up these stupid parades! Do it upstate somewhere. Sunday is supposed to be relaxing 

33 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

No telling what costume the GFS will be wearing when this baby gets here:

It does seem that a lot of models have a strong signal for a significant storm in the region. Yup, tough to tell how it might play out two weeks ahead of time but I like the general agreement in the guidance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CIK62 said:

No telling what costume the GFS will be wearing when this baby gets here:

sfcwind_mslp.conus.png

Maybe it comes dressed as its own self.    Oh, then nothing will happen.   lol

Time to start cashing in on the boiling hot Atlantic. This is why I tell people to root for hot summers and get excited when those offshore buoys temps start spiking over 80 degrees.B)  All that pent up energy to tap into over the next 3-4 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

"And if it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain..."

Fifty years ago that was playing on my college roommates 59 Buick’s radio. We were going from Clarksville to Little Rock.  I was heading to Brooklyn, he, to his parents farm in Minnesota. Brought back wonderful memories. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Fifty years ago that was playing on my college roommates 59 Buick’s radio. We were going from Clarksville to Little Rock.  I was heading to Brooklyn, he, to his parents farm in Minnesota. Brought back wonderful memories. Thank you.

Funny that song was playing on the radio today, 60s tribute. Never heard it before today.