Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Meteorological Fall 2018 Banter

dmillz25

17 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Really? I guess the Jeff Spicoli thing will never die. Personally I enjoyed the sensation of gliding over the water at a speed not normally associated with New York. How’s that?

lmao!  I almost fell off my chair lol.

I only said that to him because he said "righteous" haha

45 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

We've been getting a bite of summer in the winter lately...what more can you ask for? 

I remember back when I used to sleep with a blanket in late September/early October nearly every year....now more often than not it's with the A/C on.

Basically we had 40s for lows in late September almost every year and lows in the upper 30s in early October and highs in the low 50s for at least a day or two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Not a clue, would be nice if someone had kept us informed...sucks. 

I never realized how much I enjoyed this forum until I didn’t have it.  Being in the prime of my senility, I’ll just blame the outage on global warming compounded by solar flares. As always.....

4 hours ago, CIK62 said:

The RWTT output just keeps looking warmer and warmer over the next 90 days for the whole NH.

Oh, and make sure your Halloween costume is light colored and loose fitting---looks way AN then, and has for a while on this model output.

Wasnt this 7 day stretch supposed to be 7 AN?

I like sexy, skimpy halloween costumes... but dont know if I believe the forecast yet :)

TWC has beem laying low the last few years but finally a moment today out of the blue.  Maria Larosa just up and left with no warning.  She never really said why outside of strongly hinting it was to spend time with kids but I found it odd when she said they were 13, 11, and 8.  That seems to be awful late in their lives to make that move, anyone I know who has done that it’s uusally much earlier on.  Hopefully it’s all good and they’re not starting to clean house again.  

@SnowGoose69 I know that as my kids reached their teen years it became even more important for one of us to be available to be the shuttle driver to move them from one after school activity to another. I have twins so much of their activities were shared but hers being a variety of ages have things going on in different places around town at different times so it's nearly impossible for them to be active without a parent that's able to do all that running around.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

This is how you build a protective dune.

That's awesome. My family is from Holland, and our ancestoral hometown is Nordwijk, the next town north from Katwijk. Some of the artificial dunes up in that area are massive, and resemble natural rolling hills. That area had massive flooding in the 1950s and since then the Dutch have engineered amazing flood protection systems. 

44 minutes ago, psv88 said:

That's awesome. My family is from Holland, and our ancestoral hometown is Nordwijk, the next town north from Katwijk. Some of the artificial dunes up in that area are massive, and resemble natural rolling hills. That area had massive flooding in the 1950s and since then the Dutch have engineered amazing flood protection systems. 

60 minutes did a great story on the flood protection systems across the Netherlands last night. They showed the amazing job that the Dutch did with the dunes at Katwijk. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/storm-water-management-dutch-solution-henk-ovink-hurricane-florence-damage-60-minutes/

10 minutes ago, bluewave said:

60 minutes did a great story on the flood protection systems across the Netherlands last night. They showed the amazing job that the Dutch did with the dunes at Katwijk. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/storm-water-management-dutch-solution-henk-ovink-hurricane-florence-damage-60-minutes/

Nice. Makes me miss that place. Havent been over there in 9 years, seems like forever. Truly a special country with great people.

3 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

EURO/CFS keep trying to turn Oct. into a BN month, while the RWTT won't budge, or give up a degree.  It wants to give last October's Number 1 ranking a run---by not showing any BN till second week of Nov.

If we do go BN in early Oct.,  and RWTT does not pick up on this and initialize properly, this model output will be toast.

We will have to see who caves here.