• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Foliage 2018

Sugarloaf1989

It's still abysmal but I think my area has actually managed to eclipse last season in terms of color... granted, that's like using 2011-12 as a benchmark for winter quality. But the aforementioned dots of color in the landscape have splayed out a bit into slightly more robust swaths. Still lots of green in the valleys, so maybe we can keep the preferential chlorophyll degradation rolling and have a nice soft peak in early Novie.

Yesterday...

OwoTzTA.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 1:56 PM, Sugarloaf1989 said:

There's actually some really nice foliage color in my part of town and it's peak. The real problem is the persistently cloudy weather. The high winds today are really hurting the tree's that are at peak.

I will agree but it seems more inconsistent and less cohesive than our good years, it just didn't seem to come together as well as our more memorable seasons.   This weekend's rain and wind should finish things off for many.

There were amazing colors on rt 24 last week. Now I’ve noticed the maples have a lot of leaf drop. Oaks as usual taking their time. It’s funny growing up I’ve never noticed the oaks so bad as I lived in a low area with mostly maples. Only a few oaks. Most of the time we’d be bare by Halloween. Now living in an oak area...quite the difference. 

19 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Can any CT South Shore residents report on the foliage conditions. I'm thinking of driving there this week if the conditions are good.

I'd say it's at peak. If you're driving up 95 probably 70 or 80% of the trees have color now at least that's what I noticed this weekend from New Haven northward.

• 2 weeks later...