• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Banter

George BM

Bored out of my mind. Hey, i've made up a new type of hurricane called an "anti-hurricane", where most of the hurricane has an extremely high pressure often over 1100 millibars, near 0 percent humidity, completely clear skies and no wind with a narrow ring of rainy and windy weather. The storm also rotates in an opposite direction, like a high pressure system.

14 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm all for making the game safer but this particular penalty has been a step too far. Way too hard to judge and enforce. The QB is a player just like any other person on the field. There's almost no target zone now.

Safer yes, but most of what they are doing now goes way too far.  I am fine with taking head hunting out of the game.  I played tackle football a lot in high school and college with no pads and we managed to tackle without leading with our heads.  That is very possible and should be made the normal given what we know about CTE.  And the NFL was wrong to hide the realities of CTE from players.  BUT...there is an inherent risk in EVERYTHING.  When I do expert terrain while skiing I know the risks...and I accept them.  Football has some violence inherent in the game.  It cannot be removed.  It has to just be accepted and so long as we are honest about the risks I have no problem with that.  But bastardizing the sport in an attempt to make it innocuous is just going to destroy it completely.   These QB rules are just insane.  Its impossible to tackle the QB and not have your weight come down on him.  I am not talking about pile driving, but the normal hits that are being called.  And the BS calls where someone is reaching for the ball and incidentally swats the helmet are equally disgusting.  I turned last nights game off after that call.  Its one thing if you intentionally club the qb in the head vs incidental light contact.  If the NFL continues to officiate this way I will no longer watch.  I used to watch several games a week and now I find myself more and more only able to make it through Eagles games when I have a vested interest in my team, and even then its often painful and difficult.  Hopefully enough fans will stop watching and write the league to complain (as I have) and they will respond and fix this before its too late.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic