• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter

George BM

Nats-Phillies game has been postponed despite no rain in the area.  Apparently the problem is that the tarp wasn't on the field, it rained, and the dirt is unplayable even after the Phillies' grounds crew has been working on it for at least 3 hours.  Even Bryce Harper was raking.

The tarp is now ready to be put on once they dry the dirt out.

They will try to play a traditional double-header tomorrow starting at 3:05.  Good luck with that.

• Sad 1

On 9/9/2018 at 7:49 PM, Cobalt said:

Would probably end up being a jebswim if those rainfall totals are even close to correct

You guys got about three  feet of rain over the late Spring, and Summer. I should know, I was there personally. I am in south central Texas now, and I envy you all. You will get drowned in place by Florence, then you will get totally annihilated by a super frigid, super snowy winter, the Epic Winter of 2018-2019 in the Mid Atlantic.

Florence is only the beginning. Florence will finish the job that the summer started. Wish I could be there to see it all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

The main Flo thread is hot garbage...what do we need to happen for Flo to bend up this way post landfall?  Weaker ridging to the north, right?

ive been watching the thread for 2 hours, can you tell me whats hot garbage about it? 

Did not want to banter up the Tropics thread so will do it here. 

I know there are some that are disappointed in the current forecast of MD not getting walloped with rain and wind. But I for one am liking the track more and more. My daughter is showing at the PG Equestrian Center on Saturday in the outdoor covered arena. And while they have said that they can and will if needed move all classes into the indoor it will make for an exceptionally long day. So as Equestrians show in the rain we can handle that and a bit of wind. I just don't want to get stuck down there with a kid, pony and no stall as we are trailering in.

That being said I you need an activity for this weekend come and check out the MD Horse and Pony Show. My daughter will be showing in the afternoon. :) 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fourseasons said:

Figures that on Monday the DC media went ape over hurricane coverage (Channel 9 was the worst offender), and today is pretending that didn't happen.  Yes, I know that things can change, but the contrast is quite marked.

Just practicing up for winter when we get our foot of digital snow 5 days out.

23 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Reports from my family that the Harris Teeter in Arlington is out (or low, possible exaggeration) of bottled water, milk, bread, and batteries) Rumors @ UVA are that the school is actively having meetings about possibly postponing classes later in the week.

Hype is real.

Germanna college in Fredericksburg is closed through Sunday.

WHAT is WRONG with all of you? You WANT a category 5 hurricane? You want people to DIE? To have their HOMES DESTROYED? How can you even LIVE WITH YOURSELVES IS BEYOND ME AND I HOPE THAT THIS impression was enough to meet the forum's moral outrage quota and if we're lucky we won't have to see any of its kind for a good 12 hours or so. ^_^

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tater Tot said:

WHAT is WRONG with all of you? You WANT a category 5 hurricane? You want people to DIE? To have their HOMES DESTROYED? How can you even LIVE WITH YOURSELVES IS BEYOND ME AND I HOPE THAT THIS impression was enough to meet the forum's moral outrage quota and if we're lucky we won't have to see any of its kind for a good 12 hours or so. ^_^

I want it to stall over D.C. as a category 10 that has a 500 mile wide eyewall with a pressure so low that people's heads explode and 10,000 mph winds that suck everything into the stratosphere where any remaining survivors can suffocate. 

At least then we wouldn't have to suffer through this BS anymore. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I want it to stall over D.C. as a category 10 that has a 500 mile wide eyewall with a pressure so low that people's heads explode and 10,000 mph winds that suck everything into the stratosphere where any remaining survivors can suffocate. 

At least then we wouldn't have to suffer through this BS anymore. 

Eskimo Joe still says "weak sauce".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:unsure:

MARINERS ARE ADVISED THAT THE CONOWINGO DAM WILL OPERATE UNDER SPILL CONDITIONS.  THE DAM WILL BEGIN TO OPEN UP ITS FLOOD CREST GATES TO RELEASE EXCESS WATER ON THE 12TH OF SEPTEMBER UNITL FURTHER NOTICE. IT IS EXPECTED THAT THERE WILL BE 12 GATES OPENED DURING THIS TIME. 

Currituck County NC (where I am at right now) cut off all alcohol sales yesterday at 7 a.m. It may run through Monday from what I understand. No problem at all here. I'm going back later to Woodbridge anyway and will return tomorrow with full provisions (including wife and dogs). We don't expect much more than 60 mile per hour winds and 4 to 6 inches of rain. Not a big deal. I was so surprised they cut off booze so quickly though. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic