Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter

George BM

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Cousins/Diggs combo is going to make you very happy this year. Its just getting started... There is no doubt in my mind that Cousins will have more success as a viking than a redskin. 

Still comes down to how well they can protect him.  Pass protection was ok today, run blocking was crap.

I'm with you @WxWatcher007. Weather doesn't give 2 steaming turds what we root for and we don't control jack. The entire foundation of this board and any other wx board is built on common interest and enthusiasm for exciting weather. If someone can't deal with that perspective then it's best to not join or even lurk. With that said I'm getting a little concerned that Flo won't be a cat 5 at landfall at point lookout. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jebman said:

I am not trying to alarm anyone but there is a possibility that Florence could stall over the Eastern Seaboard and dump as much as 48 inches of rain  over some communities. Just a heads up. Stay safe over there back east! If this happens in your community, DO NOT try to jebwalk.

Would probably end up being a jebswim if those rainfall totals are even close to correct

28 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

In most cases I want to experience the most extreme weather event I can. I accept the collateral damage it causes to people and property. Even to myself or my own property. That's my honest opinion. Now let's ride this baby up the Chesapeake...

Would property damage suck? Yea, it's a pain in the ass. I went through it with a tree branch through the roof in July 09. However, I have good insurance, generator, and enough common sense to prepare and avoid injury so it's worth the entertainment factor. Let's get on the dirty side so we can have sustained 80+mph winds AND some F1s cruising the neighborhoods. 

ETA: forgot to add devasting flooding. 20 foot surge and 2 feet of rain should complete the experience. 

1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

In most cases I want to experience the most extreme weather event I can. I accept the collateral damage it causes to people and property. Even to myself or my own property. That's my honest opinion. Now let's ride this baby up the Chesapeake...

I’m all about experiencing extreme weather, but F big rains. I have absolutely no desire for that ****e.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Would property damage suck? Yea, it's a pain in the ass. I went through it with a tree branch through the roof in July 09. However, I have good insurance, generator, and enough common sense to prepare and avoid injury so it's worth the entertainment factor. Let's get on the dirty side so we can have sustained 80+mph winds AND some F1s cruising the neighborhoods. 

ETA: forgot to add devasting flooding. 20 foot surge and 2 feet of rain should complete the experience. 

Admittedly when that big oak tree toppled over during Irene I was pretty stoked, The power was out and I heard the solid thud when it hit the ground. Top of the tree was legit right outside my kitchen window, Just missed the back of the house. Got some great firewood from that tree.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic