• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discobs Thread

George BM

I am getting my daily weather obs from ten cities, as I have done for the past 10 years ---- and I note that Dale City has a 78 degree dewpoint. Dale City is 79/78 at 1030pm local time there, while Buda TX has 77 degrees for a dewpoint, but these upper 70s dews are normal for us down here in early Sept. Jay Peak, VT also has 70 degrees with a 70 dewpoint right now. Oxon Hill MD, MGM there has 84 degrees with a 77 dewpoint, feels like 97. These are very very high readings for the Washington Metropolitan Region for early Sept.

You are all on track for a memorable winter though. Very snowy, bank on it.

15 hours ago, Jakkel138 said:

Classic anvil storms really spreading out over there in Delaware. Can see the outline and the darker underside. 

Also @C.A.P.E. Have you been to Pizza Empire in Baltimore corner? They have delicious club sandwich specials.

I was just there a few days ago for a pizza. I will have to try their sandwiches next time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deck Pic said:

I think an 80 min is possible. Which would be the monthly record and the latest 80 on record (August 17th).  Daily record (76) should fall pretty easily.  79 would tie the monthly record. 

79 it is.  

GFS and Euro both stick us in the easterly fetch over the weekend.  So, murky.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Hugging the 384hr GFS. Looks like widespread 40s in the burbs.

ALL IN

I'd love to hug that too, even as a fantasy, but in the meantime, I'll hug something that's actually in the short range:    GFS and Canadian both show some pretty major cold air damming Sunday, with a rainy here and daytime temps in the 60s.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, high risk said:

I'd love to hug that too, even as a fantasy, but in the meantime, I'll hug something that's actually in the short range:    GFS and Canadian both show some pretty major cold air damming Sunday, with a rainy here and daytime temps in the 60s.

The euro has the cool air too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Record high at DCA is 95 today.  It is 94 at the noon ob.

We got the tie at 95, but the little pop-ups halted the rise.  Went down to 88 but back to 94 now.  It isn't at the top, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a top-10 hottest September day by average temperature.

22 minutes ago, yoda said:

Look at radarscope if you have it... watch the storms just N of Arlington and west of Bethesda.... they are tossing out outflow boundaries like candy... I count at least 3 of them

Storm over Waldorf also tossing out an outflow boundary as well

Throw one out here.  Else I'll have little grass left by the end of this torcherous week.

4 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

We got the tie at 95, but the little pop-ups halted the rise.  Went down to 88 but back to 94 now.  It isn't at the top, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a top-10 hottest September day by average temperature.

Yup, looks like a tie for 4th.

September 2, 1980 takes the top spot with a 78/101.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yoda said:

I was at work when the storms came through... and I don't have a weather station at home.  I would guess half an inch?  That sound near what you got?

That’s why I was asking you. :lol:

My wife said it was an absolute deluge for about 20 minutes, so maybe a bit more. I guess the local cocorahs will tell us.

Edit: Two closest cocorahs reports show 0.22” and 0.95”, the former being just NW of the latter. Makes sense since that boomer was pretty localized.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic