Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discobs Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

^^^Canderson, was it brutal because of the weather or b/c your team lost?  I was watching it at home and didn't look like that many people showed up.

On more mundane matters: Just had a blob of heavy tropical-like rain that gave me 1.32" in about 40 minutes. Kinda light now but some light rain still falling. 

Thus far, about ~1.7" has fallen for me in September (.40 this morning and 1.32 now).  

Lots of games had long delays yesterday due to lightning, and we got chased out of our Clarksburg High game Friday night.

Poor Nebraska -- after over two and a half hours of lightning, they cancelled their long-awaited opener with a new coach and won't be making that game up.  Happened to Iowa State too.  I'm worried about my FSU - VA Tech game tomorrow night, with clusters of westward propagating t-storms likely all afternoon and evening.

Man are we looking hot next week!  No more polos at work; back to long-sleeved shirts and ties. :axe:

I realize I am in the wrong subforum now, but it is raining in Buda Texas, and we are finally below 90 degrees here. I have been down here in Buda TX for a week.

This is going to be a moderate Modoki El Nino, and the entire Mid Atlantic Region will have a record breaking winter, in terms of excessive snow tallies, and in terms of cold, and in terms of wind. I might have to chase TO Dale City - from south central Texas lol.

CMC has very heavy rain and winds from Florence up the coast at hour 234 making landfall at Cape Cod at 240 at 979 mb. The Euro and the CMC are in agreement for something to happen with a tropical system up the coast within 10 days time. In a classic battle between the Euro and the GFS, with the CMC in the Euro camp, I'd always side with the Euro.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic