Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discobs Thread

George BM

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Solid positive departure on the day.  Better than it has been, but I’d still take 15-20 degrees lower.  The first week of October is going to throw up some big time +’s.

Sure, but it's not hot.

Give me all the east coast ridges and above-normal temps we can handle right now. The rubber band will eventually snap back, as it always does. Much rather have warm right now than cold.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, high risk said:

We'll have a few warm days this week and weekend in between frontal passages, but next week looks potentially HOT.     The GEFS mean 850 mb temp anomalies are in the +7 range.

Sweet, bring it on.  I’d much rather warmth sticking around longer than normal than the cold rushing in too quickly.  We had a terrible spring WRT cooler temps sticking around.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for Sept 2018

Total rainfall for the month was 9.56 inches vs normal of 3.40 inches, a +6.16 above and a new record for the month, beating 2004's 9.42 inches. There were 17 wet days, 12 dry and 1 with a T. Heaviest was on 28th with 2.62 inches, a new daily record, and 2.61 inches on 17th, also a new daily record. 

Averaged high temp was 78.9 degrees vs a normal of 77.3 degrees, a +1.6 above normal. Warmest day was on 7th with a 89.0 degree reading. Averaged low temp was 63.1 degrees vs a normal of 52.7 degrees, a +10.4 above normal and shattered the old mark of 60.9 degrees from 2016. Coolest low was 53.9 degrees on the 29th. This sets another record, as I have never recorded a September without a below 50 reading, records back to 1980. Average temp for month was 71.0 degrees vs a normal of 65.0 degrees, a +6.0 degrees above and ties 2016's reading as warmest Sept ever. Did not record a wind speed above 25 mph for the month. There were 11 new records for the month, the above mentioned plus a new 'cool high' on the 10th and 4 new 'warm minimums' on the 14th, 15th, 18th and 22nd. In summary, it was a hot and wet month!