Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs Thread

George BM

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Over 10" for the month - a heavy burst of rain just came thru 

9.40" since September 7th.

Lol...my 54 inch cut riding mower has been causing 2-3" ruts in the yard the past month . Never had that happen...Ever .

nice man -- i broke 8" on the month today, guess that heavy stuff made it to my backyard too. 

regarding the mower: my husband has had to take the deck of his mower twice so far this summer to clean it. it was bogging down and cutting horribly. 

• Like 1

Only .23" today so far.... 44.59" for the year so far.

I know it not a news flash that water tables are high around the area but I have not seen anything like this.  In-ground spas are popping out of the ground, pool walls are being heaved inward and pools that are empty for repairs have springs shooting up from the shell.  Before this year I could count on one hand similar instances (25 years being in this line of work).  We have over a dozen instances this year so far.  Problem is, most homeowner's policies do not cover this type of damage.

25 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Effortless.

54.87" on the year.

Probably should have a flash flood watch up for this afternoon.  Any downpour could do it.

Agreed, especially for areas along and north of I-66 in VA and Rt 50 in MD, where there pretty good agreement on storm coverage.    Also think that there should be more emphasis today on the threat for trees coming down easily in storm wind gusts, given the saturated soil.

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Whoa, WTF?

Even you are saying you've had enough rain?

Wow.

At the moment, I love it. I'm trying to nurse my lawn back to health after years of neglect. Just had it aerated and seeded last Tuesday. Getting lots of nice green shoots already. They said it would take 2-3 weeks for the new growth to hit three inches. They may get that long before the weekend if it keeps raining. All this rained saved me from having to use my own water and having a huge water bill.

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Good news, its sunny. Bad news, its hot and humid and really doesn't feel like the end of September. Looking at the forecast fall isn't starting anytime soon. Maybe the mid atlantic is the new tropics?

We live in the subtropics. Mid March through Mid November should be warm around here.

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic