Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discobs Thread

George BM

34 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Yes it's correct, it's 67.89" (more has fallen since I posted). Here's the monthly breakdown:

January: 3.59"

February: 6.68"

March: 3.02"

April: 3.42"

May: 13.47"

June: 5.60"

July: 12.70"

August: 9.02"

September: 10.39"

Your yard must have maximized just about every event. lol the inversion of mine lately. Although I did pretty good the last day and a half.

My monthly total is up to 6.2"

48.3" for the year

55 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Your yard must have maximized just about every event. lol the inversion of mine lately. Although I did pretty good the last day and a half.

My monthly total is up to 6.2"

48.3" for the year

About 2/3 of the August total was that freak training storm on Aug. 11 just over central Calvert, and about 2/3 of the July total was from the coastal storm on Jul. 21-22. 

The weird thing is- amidst all this rain, I had one of the longest complete shutout periods since I’ve been here (Jun. 28 - Jul. 17).

Didn’t you have close to double digits in February? I thought I remember you posting some crazy total then.

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

About 2/3 of the August total was that freak training storm on Aug. 11 just over central Calvert, and about 2/3 of the July total was from the coastal storm on Jul. 21-22. 

The weird thing is- amidst all this rain, I had one of the longest complete shutout periods since I’ve been here (Jun. 28 - Jul. 17).

Didn’t you have close to double digits in February? I thought I remember you posting some crazy total then.

Yes over 9", which was crazy for Feb. Over 5" from one event. Had some decent flooding, which I had never seen in this area during the winter. I got a lot of my rain in short periods for July and August, and to some extent Sept. So I had multiple 2+ week periods with not much of anything, sandwiched between 3-5" heavy rain events in a 2 or 3 day period. The worst dry spell was nearly 3 weeks in July, at the worst possible time of course(did in my grass), in between some heavy rain the first couple days of the month and the coastal. And the rain from the coastal all happened mostly on that Saturday, and everything that followed into that week missed here- while your area up into Baltimore got a lot more. 

• Like 1

After the 0.44” since midnight here in Clarksburg, I am at 9.99” of rainfall for the month of September. I am one light shower away from the third straight month of 10+” of rainfall. I also just pushed over 60” on the year and am now at 60.41”. 

Adding now that I’ve hit 10” while typing this. Let’s hope the wetness carries thru the winter. 

35 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Over 10" for the month - a heavy burst of rain just came thru 

9.40" since September 7th.

Lol...my 54 inch cut riding mower has been causing 2-3" ruts in the yard the past month . Never had that happen...Ever .

I push-mow mine, but still having that same trouble in the wetter-prone area of my yard.  I am over this wetness.  Not another drop until December, please.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic