Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs Thread

George BM

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Every time the long range progs show some signs of real fall air getting here, it gets pushed to the right inevitably.  The summer that won't end.  

Long range GFS shows some nice Canadian air coming in by the end of the month and beginning of October. We can hope.....  highs in the 60's and 70's and lows in the 40's. 

5 minutes ago, frd said:

Maybe there will be no real Fall this year, but a continuation of AN temps into Nov. and  then a sudden turn to early winter weather by Thanksgiving - I could wish right :-)

Maybe we pull the rubberband as far as it can go and then we snap back and head in the other direction. 

Was thinking about Fall into Winter -

Is it true that an El Nino fall normally brings on a early to start to winter threats like 02-03, 09-10 , etc or is it random, any ideas ?   

Pretty sure ninos are usually back loaded.  Those 2 winters were unusual.

2 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

There was some damage about a mile from my house from one of the Midlothian tornados, but my neighborhood is safe. 

Looks like more storms tomorrow as Florence exits.  Would we get round 2 tomorrow or should those be more “normal” thunderstorms?  Today was pretty damn scary. 

The low-level shear that favored rotation today will NOT be present tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic