• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs Thread

George BM

I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but there has been a constant shower just north of the mouth of the Potomac river in St. Mary's County for hours and hours. If you start a radar loop from yesterday morning, there's a shower that just kept refiring for hours and hours. It died out last night but briefly refired this morning. I don't know how to pull radar loops from a previous day, but I just noticed that the area just keeps getting inundated with stationary rain showers. 

That has got to be tied to geography right? 

27 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but there has been a constant shower just north of the mouth of the Potomac river in St. Mary's County for hours and hours. If you start a radar loop from yesterday morning, there's a shower that just kept refiring for hours and hours. It died out last night but briefly refired this morning. I don't know how to pull radar loops from a previous day, but I just noticed that the area just keeps getting inundated with stationary rain showers. 

That has got to be tied to geography right? 

Nice spot.  I wonder if the temperature differential between the air and bay temp is enough to trigger a bay-effect streamer.  That's kind of what it looks like.

22 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Where is the excessive rainfall forecast coming from today? Radar looks empty, forecast is not for much today, and while those dumb futurecast things aren't all that accurate, all they show is very isolated storms later.

The 15z update removed our area from slight risk (still in marginal) and specifically noted the reduced threat for DC/MD/VA in the discussion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Radar starting to blossom to my south 

I am in Easton and was just out running errands- some impressive billowing towers just to the south of here. Now looking at radar and stuff is popping down towards Cambridge. Looks like some heavy storms are firing on a line from here towards Dover, which is the area the HRRR and NAM nest have been keying on for this afternoon.

With 0.49" rain in the last hour, Baltimore's annual precipitation has reached 48.87”. 2018 now ranks as the 30th wettest year on record in Baltimore.

Some statistical probabilities based on the 9/15-12/31 1871-2017 precipitation amounts:

Probability of 50" or more annual precipitation: >99%

Probability of 60" or more annual precipitation: 53%

Probability of record annual precipitation: Nearly 25%

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic