• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
MetHerb

Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

Any suggestions on an LP powered garage heater to use infrequently during the winter so I can do some work in the garage? I've been using one of the kerosene wick heaters, but btu-wise, it's pretty low (<30,000) and takes awhile to warm the garage. I suppose I could go with a K1 salamander, but they stink. I've got a 20lb propane BBQ tank I thought I could use hence looking at some of the propane heaters. Of course, a CO2 detector would be used.

20 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Any suggestions on an LP powered garage heater to use infrequently during the winter so I can do some work in the garage? I've been using one of the kerosene wick heaters, but btu-wise, it's pretty low (<30,000) and takes awhile to warm the garage. I suppose I could go with a K1 salamander, but they stink. I've got a 20lb propane BBQ tank I thought I could use hence looking at some of the propane heaters. Of course, a CO2 detector would be used.

I bought this one (Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater) after a 20 hour power outage in 2013.  I've only used it a few times since for a couple of hours.  There is an odor to it but for a few hours it's bearable.  They have a bigger one too which might be more what you need.

http://tinyurl.com/yc77667e 

56 minutes ago, Ca77andra said:

I bought this one (Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater) after a 20 hour power outage in 2013.  I've only used it a few times since for a couple of hours.  There is an odor to it but for a few hours it's bearable.  They have a bigger one too which might be more what you need.

http://tinyurl.com/yc77667e 

That's what I would use.  I would get the larger unit and an adapter to hook up to a larger tank.  I use one of those in my sugarhouse on really cold days.

5 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

No man  Tony.  From NC who chased all the winter storms up here. He posts in here often. 

5 hours ago, HimoorWx said:

Gotcha.  I'm not on FB/Twitter, so I would not have known to whom you were referring.

5 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Or not if the QPF dries up. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Nice.  Looks like my low was 33.4.  Frost was heavier than Sunday.  

Now at 32F. My son just got off work and had to use the ice scraper on the car windshield.

42 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

White roofs and crusty windows on the truck. Love the new automatic starter but miss the manual transmission.

I thought you ride around in a sleigh?

Roofs on my road had it and shady areas on lawns in the Industrial Park we're frosty

33F.  Had to have been frost out there but I didn't see any.  [mention=709]butterfish55[/mention] says he did though.

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

:oldman:

Agreed.  Working 2 jobs right now so I gotta keep my life as simple as possible.  FB is pure garbage.  Deleted my account 6 months ago and haven't looked back.  I have never been into Twitter.  Seems cumbersome and would take far too long to navigate to find anything.  I do find certain things on there that I care about but it's not through the app.

9 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

But he's on untappd :drunk:

You've got some catching up to do. :drunk::beer: