• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

I’m solely an observer so I guess it’s safe to put my banter here, I got up here from South Carolina in the middle of October just in time to see the very warm fall disappear, went back and then returned after Veterans Day to experience the second coldest Nov I’ve seen as an adult, the coldest was Nov 89, the snowstorm before Thanksgiving was impressive and the cold weather after was more impressive, it was 13° this morning and never got over 25° this afternoon, I am returning to MurrellsInlet and I hope I don’t miss anything like I did last year when I went back after New Year’s, I did catch the biggest snowstorm the area had seen in over 35 years, 2 1/2 inches of cement in Murrells, from LittleRiver SC to south of Pawleys Island there was a dry slot otherwise there would’ve been more like the 7” inches recieved from Georgetown down to Charleston, it was very cold for a week after the storm and most of the area was shut down for about five days, of course there was an all out blizzard in Ct when the storm moved up the coast a day later, I missed the March blizzard too, I will be back in early Jan and hope to see the return of snow that is being talked about,

Attachment-1.gif.4efc6125a5151b41900cda57c71764a0.gif