Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

This is how you run a November.

Well below normal temperatures and significant snowfall.  There were several light snowfalls that melted in late October and early November, but starting November 10th it's just been straight out winter.

New November record for snow depth this evening on Mansfield with 46" of dense snow on the ground.  And it's legit, with deep snow cover down to the base area.  What a month, certainly no one-storm wonder November.

ok0amJr.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

In all seriousness, Boston is going to have a massive * this season. They have observing issues.

1996 Brady Anderson?

12 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah and all of it is going to go into the official record too down at NCDC and they'll pretend its normal. Meanwhile, we can't reconstructed ORH data into their system with plenty of supporting of evidence (including PNS totals from ORH airport itself).

It's pretty wild that within a regional November to remember for snowfall, BOS will go down as heavy meh.

It's not like it was a heavily marine influenced pattern either, with PVD at 6" and PWM at 15.9"

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m in Farmington on the valley floor and it’s all snow. My daughter at THS back home said it is there too.

1 hour ago, FlashFreeze said:

33° snow has picked up in intensity,  already a light dusting on grassy areas, roads are wet  

Be safe out there guys.

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Just floor up to Vermont and there is tree damage everywhere. One of the coolest drives up I have had. From nothing down near Greenfield to boom. About a foot here at 1200’ but more then two up around 2000’. Power trucks were stationed in the in the 7/11 down at the Stratton base. 

Everyone likes a slurpy.

3 minutes ago, alex said:

I have, but not this year yet. Coldest temp was -31.9 last year. So far this year the Coldest has been -11

Hot diggity.    That’s impressive.  I’ve only ever seen -28F and that was at a friends house in the NEK many years ago.  Personal coldest I’ve recorded at my house is -18.9F (2004?)  Impressive that you got so cold in this season 

4 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Just floor up to Vermont and there is tree damage everywhere. One of the coolest drives up I have had. From nothing down near Greenfield to boom. About a foot here at 1200’ but more then two up around 2000’. Power trucks were stationed in the in the 7/11 down at the Stratton base. 

I know people up in Londonderry/winhall still without power..4 or 5 days now, totally sucks.

I was up at Bromley on Thursday and depth was about 30" near 2300ft..pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hot diggity.    That’s impressive.  I’ve only ever seen -28F and that was at a friends house in the NEK many years ago.  Personal coldest I’ve recorded at my house is -18.9F (2004?)  Impressive that you got so cold in this season 

Bretton Woods in general is a cold spot - it radiates very well being a bowl at 1500+ feet; my spot happens to be just about the lowest point in that bowl, along the river, so it's probably as good as it gets for radiational cooling. We don't CAD very well though

1 hour ago, S&P said:

Gorgeous  day yesterday , last mow and put Xmas decorations up.taking some time off and playing18 tomorrow.

IMG_0626.jpg.bbaf36859ea5eba194660a8662615167.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg.da39009260dd4fad4c8185426f87516f.jpg

Shouldn’t this be posted in the SE forum? Lol. Stunning differences from here. I haven’t seen my lawn, or the sun for that matter, in weeks. Jealous about the golf.