Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My lacrosse station keeps losing connection between the sensor and the monitor.  I don't think it's a distance thing(it's only about 50'), and besides it does report for a period of time before crapping out.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks!

have you tried replacing batteries?

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I have.  Of course, maybe I replaced them with crappy ones.  I'll try again.

Thanks.

Spend the money and use lithium batteries. They are expensive but last for a really long time and are rated to -40. Alkaline just dont work well in the cold. 

19 hours ago, White Rain said:

Zoom in of a bobcat found out in our backyard 3 years ago. We have had one visit twice since. The last a time a year ago when I ran into him in our driveway.

Meant to post at the time but was busy, have a lot off great shots. Taken about 150 feet away during a snow storm. I guess they don't mind the cold!

1963120018_DSC_0269cut.thumb.jpg.7c0f498bc96f3a3800a35a2ff38b2aed.jpg

That's an awesome pic

• Like 1

Historic day in Massachusetts. 

LEICESTER -- Forget Black Friday. Today is Toke Tuesday.

Hundreds of mainly millennial weed lovers lined up before dawn on a country hillside in western Massachusetts in driving sleet and rain, pitching the Main Street of Leicester into gridlock as legalized recreational marijuana for the masses became a reality here and in Northampton.

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2018/11/legalized_marijuana_recreational_pot_sales_draw_crowd_on_first_day?amp

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Hundreds of mainly millennial weed lovers lined up before dawn on a country hillside in western Massachusetts in driving sleet and rain, pitching the Main Street of Leicester into gridlock as legalized recreational marijuana for the masses became a reality here and in Northampton.

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2018/11/legalized_marijuana_recreational_pot_sales_draw_crowd_on_first_day?amp

pretty cool i guess .. there had been some events over the past summer where you had to pay an admission fee to be able to purchase in MA 

My district's annual rivalry football game against Fitchburg has been moved to Wednesday due to cold temps/windchills.

I know, I know...football=tough guys, etc.   These kids are not making millions of $$$, nor is the marching band, etc.

-10F wind chills warrent this IMHO... so what...  If you want to play shirts vs skins on Thanksgiving, have at it.

44 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My district's annual rivalry football game against Fitchburg has been moved to Wednesday due to cold temps/windchills.

I know, I know...football=tough guys, etc.   These kids are not making millions of $$$, nor is the marching band, etc.

-10F wind chills warrent this IMHO... so what...  If you want to play shirts vs skins on Thanksgiving, have at it.

Foxborough/Mansfield at Fenway baby!

2 hours ago, ma blizzard said:

pretty cool i guess .. there had been some events over the past summer where you had to pay an admission fee to be able to purchase in MA 

It was kept on the down low but Greenfield essentially had a town and police sanctioned weed farmers market, once a week at the fairgrounds during September and October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Braintree wanted to do the same, but people got pissed and they decided not too. We’re men here on the south shore. 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lips frozen to trumpet mouthpieces. 

6 hours ago, BrianW said:

Spend the money and use lithium batteries. They are expensive but last for a really long time and are rated to -40. Alkaline just dont work well in the cold. 

More important, the lithiums don't leak, unlike the alkalines. So your gear won't die because the battery compartment was turned into a corroded mess.

7 hours ago, BrianW said:

Thanks--I'll give that a try next time (my last effort was another fail).

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

When did Leicester become western Mass????  Once you're past Worcester you might as well be in Iowa.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yup, weak sauce.

Meh...what’s the harm in playing it a day different?   Feel free to stand around your local field on Thursday chucking a rock.  I have no dog in the fight, but thinking that standing around in that makes you tougher is incorrect.  Go for it though. Or don’t. I will be gorging on stuffing and turkey that I killed with my own bare hands.

22 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Meh...what’s the harm in playing it a day different?   Feel free to stand around your local field on Thursday chucking a rock.  I have no dog in the fight, but thinking that standing around in that makes you tougher is incorrect.  Go for it though. Or don’t. I will be gorging on stuffing and turkey that I killed with my own bare hands.

Well, when I was a kid...

• Haha 1