Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

19 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Suffice it to say we'd all rather have your glorious mess than straight rain.

43*.

You ought to drive the loop from the road thru our driveway.  If you have an old sports mouthpiece, wear it so your fillings stay in place - frozen slush ruts like a badly built corduroy road.  Had 6" of nice 10:1 snow, then 0.55" cold RA - where it was just rain on snow, it wasn't too bad, but where runoff had soaked the white stuff into gray, the mess was beyond the capability of the snowblower.  Did not try the scoop, as either it or I would soon have broken.

However, it's nice to have 5" of solid cover before the ides of November.  Previous early 5"+ depth was 11/17/02.

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

You ought to drive the loop from the road thru our driveway.  If you have an old sports mouthpiece, wear it so your fillings stay in place - frozen slush ruts like a badly built corduroy road.  Had 6" of nice 10:1 snow, then 0.55" cold RA - where it was just rain on snow, it wasn't too bad, but where runoff had soaked the white stuff into gray, the mess was beyond the capability of the snowblower.  Did not try the scoop, as either it or I would soon have broken.

However, it's nice to have 5" of solid cover before the ides of November.  Previous early 5"+ depth was 11/17/02.

We will catch up on friday in the snow dept it seems, Meanwhile, 21°F under really blustery NW winds, I think the torch is over officially.................lol

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I finally bought those Terro baits. Put one down last night around this time. About a dozen in and around it this morning.

just came home to about 3 dozen in the bait. Is this normal, and mean it’s working?

It’s working. They’ll take it home to the queen and kill everyone. It’s a slow death Trojan Horse style.

Stuff works well. Killed lots of ants this summer. Check out this small feast.

So I finally bought those Terro baits. Put one down last night around this time. About a dozen in and around it this morning.

just came home to about 3 dozen in the bait. Is this normal, and mean it’s working?

IMG_20180704_213414.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Like i said, You would see an increase in activity, There done, If they consume that one, Put another down, You don't realize how much of a colony you have until you bait them.