Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Always special to get that first one. The winds with the burst made it a bit Ginx windexy

lol.  "That first one".  Some flakes blowing around with the leaves doesn't quite qualify as the first of anything except for just that...a few flakes flying around.  Not even in the same conversation as the weenies who pulled out legit first of the season/ or the second season of the season snows.  You were on the sidelines while the big boys were out playing.

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

lol.  "That first one".  Some flakes blowing around with the leaves doesn't quite qualify as the first of anything except for just that...a few flakes flying around.  Not even in the same conversation as the weenies who pulled out legit first of the season/ or the second season of the season snows.  You were on the sidelines while the big boys were out playing.

Sorry you missed out and GWDLT.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Are you on the New Meadows or the Kennebec ? 

On the Kennebec, just south of Merrymeeting Bay.

Just set out my new Lacrosse station.  Not nearly what I had with my Davis, but at least I'll have a better idea of temps.  :)   No flakes here--at least not yet.  Still showers passing through, winds has been very meh--at least so far.

Wiscasset's reporting light snow.  My eyes are peeled.

4 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Man am I starting to freak out. I'm doing my "mid-way" senior research presentation Wednesday with my final presentation sometime in the first week of December and I only have 5-weeks left and then I am all...done for good :o :o (hopefully)   

Congrats... you’ve been grinding. I was working full time for a good chunk of the time I was getting my degree. It’s not easy working and going to school full time.

Now I’m at a job that has nothing to do with my degree, and that I probably didn’t even need a degree for lol.

Just the way it goes sometimes 

8 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Congrats... you’ve been grinding. I was working full time for a good chunk of the time I was getting my degree. It’s not easy working and going to school full time.

Now I’m at a job that has nothing to do with my degree, and that I probably didn’t even need a degree for lol.

Same with me. I think I was 45 when I finally finished up. It was worth it though, if not in the sense of job qualifications, definitely from a personal satisfaction standpoint. 

19 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It's so not easy. The past 4-5 years I've been on the go legit 7-days a week...whether it would be classes, work, or sometimes both. Over the past 4-5 years if I have had 15-20 days where I didn't have to work or go to class I think I would be lucky. In the end though I guess the grind has been worth it...even though I probably took 20 years off my life lol. Luckily, I was able to not only land a weather forecasting job, but while I am still in school. 

• Like 2