Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It seemed quieter in my hood than last year, but most pull out all the stops. It pretty much turns into a mini block party with the parents dressed up with beverages too. 

You should of came up and got inline at 3pm at Peter Geigers house (Geiger Bros, Home of the Farmers Almanac) He hands out King Size candy bars every year, Last year was 5,000, This year, He is shooting for 6,500, I stay as far away from that area as the traffic is insane.........lol

2CA8FA7B-BBB1-4D49-AB05-975C47B82D45.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You should of came up and got inline at 3pm at Peter Geigers house (Geiger Bros, Home of the Farmers Almanac) He hands out King Size candy bars every year, Last year was 5,000, This year, He is shooting for 6,500, I stay as far away from that area as the traffic is insane.........lol

2CA8FA7B-BBB1-4D49-AB05-975C47B82D45.jpeg

That’s the last thing I need. :lol:

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s the last thing I need. :lol:

I guess you wouldn't have wanted to be in my neighborhood then growing up on halloween, My neighbor owned one of the biggest bakeries in town and would hand out Chocolate or Vanilla Whoopie pies, We would end up with 300+ trick or treaters at my house back then.

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think you will like Plymouth. There’s more than just snow.  It’s got a great waterfront in the summer. Lots to do. And you’ll enjoy a good man storm every now and then two. 

I grew up in Dedham so closer to the spots I went to growing up. I am loving Plymouth! The downtown area/waterfront is awesome, love Myles Standish State Forest and it is great being close to the Cape also. Pepperell was a great location if you love a good snow storm but like you said, I'll still experience a good snowstorm now and again.

The way this year has gone I'm expecting 2-3 tornadoes tomorrow lol.

Seriously though...certainly some potential for some strong-to-severe thunderstorms. I would like to see 0-3km CAPE higher but 0-6km CAPE is decent so if we can utilize that there is plenty of wind shear to work with. I think we could see a line of strong-to-severe Saturday AM into PM across the Cape.

Also, that is QUITE the vigorous s/w coming through Saturday. That thing means business. Even looks like a nice tropopause fold upcoming with it.

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

I guess you wouldn't have wanted to be in my neighborhood then growing up on halloween, My neighbor owned one of the biggest bakeries in town and would hand out Chocolate or Vanilla Whoopie pies, We would end up with 300+ trick or treaters at my house back then.

I would have loved it. At that age, I could eat anything.

3 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Oh come on, it is so hard to snow down this way...so many more parameters have to be just right...the storm track has to be pretty far off the coast...

You avg maybe 6-8” less than Boston. It’s not that bad. 2010-2011 and last year are likely the bigger cape cod screw jobs. Even in ththe horrible 2011-2012 winter, you had more than I did.