Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Just now, dendrite said:

Banned. 46F and rain here.

I can see why I'd be banned, too funny.  It's a new world for me. I moved from Pepperell, where I had lived for close to 20 years (thus the name Snowbelt) to Plymouth in July. It's going to be frustrating when it's raining here and dumping to the Northwest this winter but I'm getting too old for all the shoveling that I was doing.

10 minutes ago, Snowbelt said:

I can see why I'd be banned, too funny.  It's a new world for me. I moved from Pepperell, where I had lived for close to 20 years (thus the name Snowbelt) to Plymouth in July. It's going to be frustrating when it's raining here and dumping to the Northwest this winter but I'm getting too old for all the shoveling that I was doing.

I will ship you as much snow as you want this winter. Just pay for shipping. :snowman:

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Banned. 46F and rain here.

47F and drizzle almost feels warm here after yesterday's 36F rain.

Havent seen the sun in what feels like weeks with the consistent either stratus trapped east of the terrain, or if it's NW flow it's orographic clouds/precip...now days of overrunning and synoptic precip.

15 minutes ago, Snowbelt said:

Oh jeezus, you moved to Plymouth? I also live in Plymouth...you might as well just stick a fork in winter right now, take a permanent toaster bath...unless 2005 shows up again, you are just going to cry the entire winter

38 minutes ago, MeteorologicalFan said:

CMC has an approaching cold wave coming in at the end of its run? First flakes for everybody and maybe more around the 11-12 of November timeframe?

Maybe for some, But others like myself, Been there done that, Now we wait for the first legit accumulating snow.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol at BTV. Totally unrepresentative of the region for years now. 

That's why there's still leaves on the trees there while we've been completely bare for weeks despite very minor elevation differences.  Nighttime temps are like 10F warmer on average than all sites outside the valley, lol.

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's why there's still leaves on the trees there while we've been completely bare for weeks despite very minor elevation differences.  Nighttime temps are like 10F warmer on average than all sites outside the valley, lol.

Even within the valley the anomalies are totally different. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even within the valley the anomalies are totally different. 

Yeah there's obviously a site south of BTV on that map (Middlebury or something in Addison County) that has a completely opposite departure.  

I still think when you dig down it's entirely the overnight mins.  They are just so warm at night and the wind never goes calm.  Just physically impossible to see like 3-4 straight hours of calm wind.  

Edit:  Actually two nights ago they had a bunch of calm obs and a low of 29F, not far off the interior sites.  Calm winds mean close temps, but they just can't do that most of the time.

17 minutes ago, Snowbelt said:

Yep, I've fully prepared myself mentally.....

We can cry together. My friend has a snow removal contract at Colony Place at exit 7, i live closer to exit 3...there were 3 times last winter where he was out plowing and it was white rain and rain where i live...i think that would be a 7mi difference...

1 hour ago, Snowbelt said:

I think you will like Plymouth. There’s more than just snow.  It’s got a great waterfront in the summer. Lots to do. And you’ll enjoy a good man storm every now and then two.