Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Another big night in East Taunton for trick or treaters.  Gave out somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 pieces of candy.  Busy but not as busy as it's been.

You take the award in that category for sure. We got 2-3 dozen at our condo.

Lots of people with dark doors and not giving out candy. We tried to make up the difference as one of the few giving out candy.

A small milestone in life giving out candy at our own place for the first time.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You take the award in that category for sure. We got 2-3 dozen at our condo.

Lots of people with dark doors and not giving out candy. We tried to make up the difference as one of the few giving out candy.

A small milestone in life giving out candy at our own place for the first time.

Welcome to "adult hood" and handing out candy. :oldman: :D :cliff:

Powhattan Estates and the neighboring "Birds Lanes" are well known in Taunton as 2 places to get the goods.  It's pretty fun to watch every year for as much as I complain about it.

• Like 1

First Halloween with kids up here, and living in Bretton Woods, not many options so we went down to Lincoln and it was AWESOME. A whole section of town is closed off and all the neighbors are out. Awesome decorations, fog machines, music and trick or treaters everywhere. It's like a Halloween block party. Really impressed, way better than it was when I lived in Mass. Unfortunately it was also cold and wet. 

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

0 here

Besides my Grandkids in the 18 yrs I have lived here we have had 4 kids come by. Not many houses nearby and a killer dark steep hill to walk with no sidewalks.  Down in the village was loaded with kids. Good night for that. Nothing like the Perfect storm night disaster of 91.

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Besides my Grandkids in the 18 yrs I have lived here we have had 4 kids come by. Not many houses nearby and a killer dark steep hill to walk with no sidewalks.  Down in the village was loaded with kids. Good night for that. Nothing like the Perfect storm night disaster of 91.

Best Halloween party of my life was that night.  Amazingly good time

The stumble back home was nasty though. :beer: 

Jerry sorry for your loss. You're right as we get older it happens more and more. Halloween is non-existent on my dead end dirt road. In the last 10 years we have not had one trick or treater. Everyone goes into town and has a blast and doesn't spend time up here in the Hills where you have to drive long distances house to house. Edit... I saw a news piece that there's an online petition to change Halloween to the last Saturday of October. Sure makes sense to me to have it on a weekend less traffic adults can enjoy it more Etc.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It seemed quieter in my hood than last year, but most pull out all the stops. It pretty much turns into a mini block party with the parents dressed up with beverages too. 

Yup.  It's more like a hug block party in my neighborhood.  vehicles line the streets as people come here.  good luck trying to drive thru.

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH finished the month at -1.6F

Only had one above normal day (+2) after October 12th. 

Yeah, that's pretty much where I wound up.  I was surprised to see BDL come in so far above.  What a fake heat trap...I basically had no really low night time mins but I had 4 record low daytime maxes.