Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Pretty creepy cloud formations with the setting sun as tue rain winds down. We were still getting some stray CGs about 10 minutes ago while I was outside. It almost looked like low level mammatus that you could reach out and touch. 

The sunset was very strange up here in Central NH.  People were commenting on it down at our country store.   As the sunset, it looked like it was reflecting through falling snow perhaps 2500 feet above the surface creating unusual lighting.  Then I saw the mammatus too but they were much lower than summer storms.

Sunset timelapse showing them here.   https://video.nest.com/clip/eaadb0f6ff884a77b26ed4eeaec7d938.mp4

6 minutes ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

I just bought a cabin in Wardsboro VT between Mt. Snow and Stratton. 1,800’. Aside from the skiing, anyone familiar with that area and general climate for snow and how well the area does. 

It does pretty well. I don’t have #’s just times I’ve been down there. You’re going to do well at 1800’ just about anywhere in VT. 

Well, I was in fact aware of the potential today, albeit (I thought) really low probability... But I was totally unaware Upton radar was down and showing old imagery. Kept checking radar and seeing nothing... Finally caught on and looked at BOX, and was totally astounded. By that point the event was practically over with. Absolutely crazy day. 

19 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It does pretty well. I don’t have #’s just times I’ve been down there. You’re going to do well at 1800’ just about anywhere in VT. 

28 minutes ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

I just bought a cabin in Wardsboro VT between Mt. Snow and Stratton. 1,800’. Aside from the skiing, anyone familiar with that area and general climate for snow and how well the area does. 

Our place is at 2100 ft on the south side of Mt Snow.  The area does well for Snow from coastal storms as you are in southern Vt and at times we get in on surprise upslope snows.

23 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just was down in norton center/Wheaton college area... it was dark, but I didn’t really see any signs of a tornado a least in that immediate area. No trees or limbs down, power on, etc etc

There is an area that has lots of damage. They mentioned the streets. I guess 2 thosand there without power.

1 hour ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

I'd ask again in the NNE thread or on another night...big weather in SNE tonight puts the discussion focus there.  You'll get a lot of snow.

9 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Decent thunder and lightning made it to Eastie. Very strange with how cool it is. On another note, does anybody know why I can’t get the ASOS on my  wunderground map? Is it something in my settings or do they not have those ones anymore? I emailed them but didn’t receive a response 

I heard they removed them a while ago. I also read that wunderground is coming out with a whole new redesign of the wundermap soon. Maybe they will add them back. 

More info here.