• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Couldn't be anymore fall like than today.  Lowering snow levels, orographic showers, snow changed to rain on my way home around 900-1,000ft.  

Now seems like catpaws at home with the occasional mangled iceball bouncing on the deck.  

What a cold season radar with moisture sparking precip over the upslope regions.

IMG_0904.GIF.4ad331c87e6bbec55b427ebdf6feb3ee.GIF

• Like 1

45.4F and moderate graupel shower coming through.  One neighbor calls and says its snowing.  Next neighbor calls and says its hailing.  One thing for sure the pellets are large and making a racket.  Perhaps this evening as the column cools off we will have the first snow showers of the season up here in the NH Lakes Region.

grapel.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

45.4F and moderate graupel shower coming through.  One neighbor calls and says its snowing.  Next neighbor calls and says its hailing.  One thing for sure the pellets are large and making a racket.  Perhaps this evening as the column cools off we will have the first snow showers of the season up here in the NH Lakes Region.

grapel.jpg

Should see some. Can’t rule out some flakes after midnight into SNE as well. Temp down below 50 now.

Just now, powderfreak said:

You do know you can delete stuff right?

Its found under attachments.  Very basic and simple function on most forums ;).

Yes I know lol. I’ve had to delete a bunch. But figured you racked up a lot more than I did. I’m also joking. I hate deleting old stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yes I know lol. I’ve had to delete a bunch. But figured you racked up a lot more than I did. I’m also joking. I hate deleting old stuff.

Those radar images are only like 200kb out of a 40mb allowance.  Can get like 200 of those before needing to delete lol.

You can't post cell photos on here without resizing, that's what eats your space.  Even model maps with graphics like Ryan Mauve are much larger than those radar images.  Those basic wunderground radar loops are as basic as it comes.

Anyway, fun to have some weather that's noteworthy, can't wait for all on here to see first flakes.  This time of year it's a fantastic day when that passing graupel/snowshower comes through...in April it's a terribly ugly day haha.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those radar images are only like 200kb out of a 40mb allowance.  Can get like 200 of those before needing to delete lol.

You can't post cell photos on here without resizing, that's what eats your space.  Even model maps with graphics like Ryan Mauve are much larger than those radar images.  Those basic wunderground radar loops are as basic as it comes.

Anyway, fun to have some weather that's noteworthy, can't wait for all on here to see first flakes.  This time of year it's a fantastic day when that passing graupel/snowshower comes through...in April it's a terribly ugly day haha.

That’s interesting. I’ll have to look, but I swear the Wxtap ones were a lot more kbs. I’ll have to donate to Eeks tropical garden to get more space. 

Yeah finally some weather. Should look nice up on the mtn tomorrow morning.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s interesting. I’ll have to look, but I swear the Wxtap ones were a lot more kbs. I’ll have to donate to Eeks tropical garden to get more space. 

Yeah finally some weather. Should look nice up on the mtn tomorrow morning.

Oh the wxtap ones are for sure.  Just look at the graphics, wxtap is so much better in display.