• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

OVC obs all night from the ASOS so we only got to 33F.  Funny as it hit 33F prior to midnight but then rose to 36F most of the night before a last minute dip back to 33F before sunrise.  

If we could've cleared the upslope clouds out we probably could've hit mid-20s.  Summit was 26F with wind chill of 10F overnight, it's coming.

BTV talking good snow growth midweek so hopefully we can get first flakes into the mountain valleys around here.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They go in in Napril .. 

Didn’t you install in April’s this year?  How far were we into Msy before anyone needed them?

meanwhile, there clouds all the way from iad to The Co/UT border.  Nice to catch a glimpse of this  a few minutes before we hit the desert.

7813395A-D9DA-4B31-AE13-6A1D663C40DD.jpeg

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

37 for the low today.   I’m a wimp....flipped the heat on Friday evening and covered compressor.  I’m switched to winter mode in my brain.

Nothing wrong with flipping the heat on a bit early. I turned the heat on this morning just to make sure the furnace was running fine. We have a furnace/ hot water heater protection plan that has come in handy. 

16 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Heat?  Heat is a Thanksgiving treat.

The temp was 57 in the house this morning. I think the latest I've made it without heat is around 10/20.  I wish I could not put the heat on until Thanksgiving but the house would be in the upper 40's low 50's. And that makes it very uncomfortable.

56 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The temp was 57 in the house this morning. I think the latest I've made it without heat is around 10/20.  I wish I could not put the heat on until Thanksgiving but the house would be in the upper 40's low 50's. And that makes it very uncomfortable.

I find that I start having humidity issues.  I have a lot of wood work and in the spring I generally turn on the A/C to dry things out and in the fall I'll get the same effect if I let it stay too cool too long.  I don't mind the temps as the house heats up easily with full sun but it will be chilly on the same day with clouds and I need the heat.  It is good though to make sure things are all working before you really need them.

9 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I find that I start having humidity issues.  I have a lot of wood work and in the spring I generally turn on the A/C to dry things out and in the fall I'll get the same effect if I let it stay too cool too long.  I don't mind the temps as the house heats up easily with full sun but it will be chilly on the same day with clouds and I need the heat.  It is good though to make sure things are all working before you really need them.

I like to make sure the furnace is working well because of the furnace protection plan. Being a member of the plan also means being put on a priority list in case repairs are needed. I think the longest we have had to wait is 4 hours for someone to arrive. The plan has been a godsend a few times during cold stretches during the winter. I also have a few space heaters on hand just in case there is an issue with the furnace.  The space heaters do a good job of providing heat while waiting for a repairman to arrive.