Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Did anyone win the megamillions?

Bought a ticket but still in my car so I don't know if it won anything...even if it was a sub-jackpot prize. 

Edit: this was technically against my +EV gambling rule. It really needs to be closer to 650 million to be worth a ticket mathematically but I figured what the hell. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Did anyone win the megamillions?

Bought a ticket but still in my car so I don't know if it won anything...even if it was a sub-jackpot prize. 

Edit: this was technically against my +EV gambling rule. It really needs to be closer to 650 million to be worth a ticket mathematically but I figured what the hell. 

It also needs to be that high to maintain a fun life after Uncle Sam takes a third lol.

• Haha 1

1.92” at UUU, rains wiped out an EOY golf event at pine hills in Plymouth (closed till afternoon) which I had organized, scrambled to try and find an open course , most opened later, walking only , still managed to get out though.

16 hours ago, dryslot said:

Was a great year for camping up here no doubt.

Maine's State Parks (which do not include Baxter, as it's under a different state agency) set a new high for camper nights.  Since some of the parks' campgrounds remain open, that record will get extended over the next few weeks.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

46 here this morning with clouds. Tough to get that cold without clear skies. Mitch should have snow.

Cloudy here and still mid 30s - as low 30s earlier.  Some echoes overhead, don't know if anything will reach the ground, but if so - maybe a few pingers?  (Probably not)

15 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Cloudy here and still mid 30s - as low 30s earlier.  Some echoes overhead, don't know if anything will reach the ground, but if so - maybe a few pingers?  (Probably not)

It woukd be snow. The profile aloft gets constantly colder so it won’t be sleet. 

48 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

We don’t want to get too crazy and jump the gun here.  It sounds like there’s at least some snow, but PF is still in investigation mode, so we hold the #nice in our pocket for now.

Snow levels got down to 2,300ft was where the first accumulations were. 

Only a half inch or so but nice whitening all the way to 4,000ft.  No real increase with elevation.

IMG_0871.JPG.fba5b811a0cae87aec2e85ca448ac2e4.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG.5b47376600abda84f3412fc5197fb0d5.JPG

• Like 5